Providers not honoring rates listed on showcase

So I emailed a provider from dallas that is here on tour and her showcase said that she is having a review special for $200.. I emailed her asking for an appt and I would be more than happy to write a review.. She said she needed to update her showcase and the review special is no longer good.. My question is should she have honored it..Most any business that I know would honor any price that is listed on their website.. For example take a look at the glitches united airlines and delta just had.. Rountrip tickets to Hawaii for $80.. They are honoring those prices..I just think they should honor what is on their ad and/or showcase
Different industry, different rules. Can't exactly report her to the better business bureau.

It sounds like that's an honest mistake where she didnt update her showcase, as opposed to advertising review special in ad then backing down. And it's not like you went in and got upsold.
What did her last ad say? I would go by that. We tend to forget to update our showcases, but latest ad should trump all imo
It would have been good customer service on her end to honor it if you contacted her while the ad was still up. It's not your problem that she slipped on updating her ad/showcase. Especially while on tour because, now she lost your business. Personally, I don't feel reviews should be bought in the first place but, that's just my opinion
You could start three threads about it
Actually her prices were not listed in the ad... Her prices were listed on her showcase
Citizen, how is this business any different than any other business providing a service
It would have been good customer service on her end to honor it if you contacted her while the ad was still up. It's not your problem that she slipped on updating her ad. Especially while on tour because, now she lost your business. Personally, I don't feel reviews should be bought in the first place but, that's just my opinion Originally Posted by Alyssa XOXO
Its not her ad where he saw the price, it was her showcase.

Dunno what her ad said, but if it had a rate on it I'd go by that.

If not then you'd have no choice but to get the rates off her showcase.
So I emailed a provider from dallas that is here on tour and her showcase said that she is having a review special for $200.. I emailed her asking for an appt and I would be more than happy to write a review.. She said she needed to update her showcase and the review special is no longer good.. My question is should she have honored it..Most any business that I know would honor any price that is listed on their website.. For example take a look at the glitches united airlines and delta just had.. Rountrip tickets to Hawaii for $80.. They are honoring those prices..I just think they should honor what is on their ad and/or showcase Originally Posted by creamofthecrop
Sorry that happen to you. If she had a review special on her showcase she should honor it.
If it's on their Showcase, they should honor it. That is an adverting venue, too, one that is expected to be current above all else, IMHO. The showcase is a static profile with a provider's primary info, whereas ads come and go. It should always be up to date.

Unless an ad says "this week only," or "limited time only," or has a specified expiration date, I'd expect fellows to believe that the stated rate there was still in effect. However, gentlemen, please bear in mind that we ladies are only allowed one ad per week in the provider ad section, so probably best to assume that ANY special is only good for one week.
To say that business in this thing of ours can be conducted loosely is an understatement. Some women are as professional as a lawyer, some play things fast and loose.

When the rates changed from what you saw, you've got a simple decision: Pay her new rate or don't. As with any other sales situation, it's remarkable how a customer ready to walk out the door can change things.
So I emailed a provider from dallas that is here on tour and her showcase said that she is having a review special for $200.. I emailed her asking for an appt and I would be more than happy to write a review.. She said she needed to update her showcase and the review special is no longer good.. Originally Posted by creamofthecrop
Hmmm...

FYI... When I see an ad for a provider Im interested in seeing. If there is no rate listed in ad then I immediately go to their showcase to see listed pricing. Realize she may have not updated her showcase but do not see that being your problem Creamofthecrop... IMHO
I had it happen once - changed while en route. She forgot too
No big deal since she went way over our time - her choice. In general though I would probably go ahead but I would not likely repeat.
It would have been good customer service on her end to honor it if you contacted her while the ad was still up. It's not your problem that she slipped on updating her ad/showcase. Especially while on tour because, now she lost your business. Personally, I don't feel reviews should be bought in the first place but, that's just my opinion Originally Posted by Alyssa XOXO
Professionalism comes from very few... When its found it should be admired closely!