Define: Petite and Thin

Hello.

Question for the community, how do we define Petite and thin in the community? It would seem as of late those words have explained.

I define petite as under 5'3 and under 105 lbs. I define thin as having no fat, short or tall but thin like a rail... I understand ladies not updating photos, but there has to be a point when the scales tip and you have to update. 130 is not petite by anyones measure, right?

Just looking at the truth in adverting for a few ladies as of late. I was fine with them, but no the tiny little thing I was expecting.

Grey
+1 on your definition
I'd categorize petite and spinner to be similar. Under 110 ideally. Thin can be any height as long as they're slender.

It's always funny seeing someone's ad saying "spinner" or "petite" when they're like 5'6 and obviously chubby
Petite is under 5'3 and has nothing to do with someone weight.
  • Supra
  • 12-26-2023, 06:11 AM
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/petite

pe·​tite pə-ˈtēt - Having a small trim figure.

body-positive movements attempt to lead the public to believe that a woman can be obese, petite, and a role model.
since the OP wants a description of petite AND thin, then it is not just height.

While depending upon the person asked, you will probably get different answers, mine is she has to be under 5'6" and her dress size is a 6 or smaller. Anything else, she is not petite and thin.
Google Has this
What is a petite person?
Petite refers to stature not weight. Most people still think petite means skinny when in fact petite has nothing to do with weight. Petite is the term used in the fashion industry to describe a woman who is 5'3 tall or under. Petite women come in all shapes and sizes, whether they're a size 4 or 14.
  • Supra
  • 12-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Google Has this
What is a petite person?
Petite refers to stature not weight. Most people still think petite means skinny when in fact petite has nothing to do with weight. Petite is the term used in the fashion industry to describe a woman who is 5'3 tall or under. Petite women come in all shapes and sizes, whether they're a size 4 or 14. Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF

Take your pick as defined in 1784 (Adjective) and 1926 (Noun),

pe·​tite pə-ˈtēt - Having a small trim figure.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/petite

GOOGLE is not telling you the entire story

body-positive movements attempt to lead the public to believe that a woman can be obese, petite, and a role model.