Van Halen announces tour for 2012 (with David Lee Roth to join)

Pretty big news in the Rock World. Van Halen to tour in 2012 and with original singer, David Lee Roth too. "Jump" is the greatest!

http://www.theblaze.com/the-wire/117...ur-on-website/
  • davo1
  • 12-27-2011, 05:34 PM
<------------- Refuses to see a Van Halen with Wolfgang (Eddie's son) on bass.
<------------- Refuses to see a Van Halen with Wolfgang (Eddie's son) on bass. Originally Posted by wldtravel26
Why? With only a couple of exceptions (e.g., Flea) bass players who only play bass and don't sing are pretty interchangeable. Did anyone miss Bill Wyman's 'sound' when he retired? Is Paul McCartney known for his prowess with the bass guitar?

Personally, I'm a lot more turned off by what a wreck Eddie was on their last tour. Don't want to witness that again.

L4L
i saw the very last show Van Halen played in the US, before Roth left the band, in '84 (at Reunion Arena). that's right...27 years ago. i wouldn't walk across the street to see them now. but have fun at the 2012 Geriatric Tour! Roth sucks almost as much as Sammy...maybe just as much. and 'Jump' is one of their suckiest songs ever...gotta love that super funky keyboard! but at least it ain't one of sammy's sappy love songs.

dave has no hair, and his hair was his biggest talent besides his hairy chest. eddie is a washed up alcoholic with a replacement hip. but he's rich. guess he needs some more cash though...thus this so-called tour.

maybe sammy and dave can do a duet... wouldn't that be the greatest?

the truth is eddie was a talented guitarist, but he squandered his talent by never ever venturing outside of the safe confines of Van Halen. no side projects or ventures that allowed him to branch out and show what else he may have been capable of musically. maybe he wasn't capable of any more.

personally i will be spending my money supporting bands both local and from afar that are more vital, talented, and need the money and exposure way more than Van fucking Halen.

JPdM

the truth is eddie was a talented guitarist, but he squandered his talent by never ever venturing outside of the safe confines of Van Halen. no side projects or ventures that allowed him to branch out and show what else he may have been capable of musically. maybe he wasn't capable of any more.

JPdM Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
You mean aside from numerous musical scores for movies and shows he has done or participated in, joint ventures with other artists (Michael Jackson comes to mind rather quickly) and expanding into other instruments like Piano and the Jazz Bass (not the bass guitar)? Aside from Jimmy Hendrix and Clapton, Eddie will go down in history as one of the most influential and talented guitar players of his era, like him or not he spawned the heavy metal guitar solo and set the standard during the late 70's, 80's and into the 90's for Rock.

I suppose he could have tuba'd out his ass or danced ballet........ to really show his talent though.

In general.. ill pass on this one like I did most of the other reunion or way past prime shows. I saw KISS reunion back in 99 was it?? Motley Crue and a few others. Those were not bad but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough. Obviously these guys just want to have fun and make some cash for one reason or another but I'd rather spend my money on something else. Hard for these people to pass up on easy money, take the Journey as the latest example.
  • R.M.
  • 12-27-2011, 09:00 PM
So hopefully for the second time they will get right.
Can't really see them going more than a few shows before they get to fighting and call it off.
I predict a lot of on-stage groin pulls.