Those last awful unexpected last minute cancellations.

Ugh those awful last minute cancellations that sometimes happen.

My body is on haywire mode (which I hate) and I see that fsbm only is the safe and solid option to solidly follow through with appointments right now.

So with that being said, I've had to do a couple of last minute cancellations (which I HATE).

So my question is, when a provider has to cancel at the last minute (due to a situation out of her control), what can she do (within reason) to convay the message that she REALLY does respect and appreciate and your valuable time?

I'm going through a difficult (and scary) transition at the moment and I have to change my game plan but I figured this is a GREAT opportunity to get some valuable and useful feed back at the same time.

So do tell, what can us ladies do to help you feel valued and respected when these situations arise?
Maybe I'm just used to it but last minute cancels are all part of the business. Nothing is confirmed until the clothes are on the floor and her feet are in the air.

With that. No long drawn out excuses about kids, grandmas or blah-blah-blah. Just a "Sorry but I must cancel". However do it more then once and some consideration should be given.
Well the truth is always best I think everyone realizes that we all have our regular lives
Awesome. Thanks for the feed back. I appreciate it.
If you have to cancel, so be it. The douchbags might get pissed but lots of guys won't. You might keep a record of who you cancelled on and make the extra effort if he wants to see you again. Two times in a row on a guy and he probably won't see you. Our fragile egos just can't take it...
I cancelled on a client last night because I couldn't make it to my incall last night. I get up this morning and he decides to send p411 ok which I denied and heard he did a ncns review. Doesn't really bother me. I'm a human and if you that mad cause I couldn't make it, then I didn't need to see you anyway.
  • !VI!
  • 08-21-2015, 09:03 AM
honestly it happens

it sucks, most people understand if you explain the reason to them
I do not care to know a reason, real or made up, why someone cancels on me, as it adds very little comfort to the frustration of being cancelled on. So, I just chalk it up as just a annoying ramification of being in the hobby and move on to the next provider on my list. If she contacts me after the fact and offers a make up session for a reduced rate, that would be great, but I would not hold my breath on that, especially if she is a well known provider.
Well, it sounds learning how to be more understanding would bring you more peace in life.

Especially if she is trying to be as respectful as she can in the situation.

Whoa is me, victim is about as unattractive as a provider being disregarding and bitchy about having to cancel. Neither reactions are productive and adds zero value.

I just now saw your edit: Yes, it does suck, and I totally respect and understand that. Chalking it up is a mature way of handling things
  • L.A.
  • 08-21-2015, 09:16 AM
I think if you cancel with an hour or more notice that's part of the hobby and I wouldn't expect anything in return.

I would typically confirm an hour before the appointment time or before I had to leave my house or work. If you cancel after we confirm then I think that's different and a discount or extended time session should be offered.
I think if you cancel with an hour or more notice that's part of the hobby and I wouldn't expect anything in return.

I would typically confirm an hour before the appointment time or before I had to leave my house or work. If you cancel after we confirm then I think that's different and a discount or extended time session should be offered. Originally Posted by L.A.

Awesome. This is the type of answer I'm looking for. Something concrete and tangible.

Thanks for your feed back.
if the Hobbyist is one you have seen before:

"I decided to cancel, I didn't appreciate you sticking your ass in my face last time"..

I kid

really, just say unfortunately you must cancel, and an extra line about how you were looking forward to the session, or regret not getting to meet you, or I hope we get another chance soon is a nice finish.
We're all adults here. You've been a stable and reliable fixture long enough that no reasonable person could fault you for having to cancel for personal reasons.

Whatever the reason is I offer my best wishes and hope you feel better soon.
LOL...Chung, I love you.

Awww Hellion437, you are correct and thank you so much I appreciate the well wishes.

:-)
You're a female - assuming it was that time of the month you'd be killed on here for having an appointment while it was going on so either way you can't win. Hopefully you have the class of customers that understand and respect these things happen. You may offer less than FS as an alternative and let them decide.

Of course there's the other option of referring them to Maxi who ceased having menstral issues decades ago.