I am confused about the rules

IIRC PMs cannot be posted as those are private communications. However tweets are for public consumption. If a member here tweets something inappropriate I assume such tweets can be copied and posted here as a information exchange amount our members because that is the purpose of this forum.it seems to m if someone is tweeting derogatory or inappropriate comments about a member heee, in the spirit clearly stated in the name of this site, it is the duty of members who see such derogatory tweets to exchange such information with the membership here. I think we deserve to know what is being said about us or other members. We are not allowed to be rude to each other on this board. Why is posting rude tweets protected behavior? Is there a flaw in that thought process. Thank you.
IIRC PMs cannot be posted as those are private communications. However tweets are for public consumption. If a member here tweets something inappropriate I assume such tweets can be copied and posted here as a information exchange amount our members because that is the purpose of this forum.it seems to m if someone is tweeting derogatory or inappropriate comments about a member heee, in the spirit clearly stated in the name of this site, it is the duty of members who see such derogatory tweets to exchange such information with the membership here. I think we deserve to know what is being said about us or other members. We are not allowed to be rude to each other on this board. Why is posting rude tweets protected behavior? Is there a flaw in that thought process. Thank you. Originally Posted by Rockydoc
You are correct that Private Communications cannot be posted on Eccie.

You are also correct that Twitter Posts or Tweets are a Public posting on the Internet and can be posted on Eccie.

You are correct that the Eccie Guidelines do not permit rude or insulting posts to be made in the Eccie Forums.

You are correct that a part of Eccie's Name and purpose is Information Exchange.

The concept of sharing the derogatory Tweets; or those with inappropriate comments, in an effort to exchange the information among the membership is valid.

Your desire to know what is being said about you, or other Eccie members is understandable.

The crux of the issue is HOW the sharing of the derogatory tweets is done.

How that happens can be accomplished in a number of ways:
  • Create an account of the other platforms used by Eccie members to discuss Hobby related matters.
  • Monitor those platforms from the internet without the benefit of a membership.
    • Many such platforms offer open views from the internet.
  • Communicate this information through back channels
    • Examples could include
      • PM
      • Email
      • Text messages
Please help me to understand your last question:
  • Why is posting rude tweets protected behavior?
I was asking if someone posts rude tweets on Twitter are they protected and we cannot post those rude tweets here. I guess you are saying we can post those tweets as long as we do not do it in a rude
Way?
So am I right I could post hey look what so and so posted about such and such and put a screen shot. However, I cannot post such a screen shot saying look what this whole said about so and so.
Is that correct?
Can we be critical and say why is so and so posting such mean stuff or such lies about so and so with a screen shot.

I think it would be invaluable info if we could post such content and want to make sure the rules are clear. Thanks Biomed.
As has been noted many times before; Eccie does not have "Rules", Eccie has "Guidelines".
I was asking if someone posts rude tweets on Twitter are they protected and we cannot post those rude tweets here. I guess you are saying we can post those tweets as long as we do not do it in a rude Way? Originally Posted by Rockydoc
Generally speaking, Tweets are not protected.

So am I right I could post hey look what so and so posted about such and such and put a screen shot. However, I cannot post such a screen shot saying look what this whole said about so and so.
Is that correct? Originally Posted by Rockydoc
In general, I would agree that posting the Tweet without characterization would be permitted.

Should Staff determine that you are Targeting, Harassing, or Attacking an Eccie Member, you would be subject to a Warning or Infraction for violation the Eccie Guidelines.

Can we be critical and say why is so and so posting such mean stuff or such lies about so and so with a screen shot.

I think it would be invaluable info if we could post such content and want to make sure the rules are clear. Thanks Biomed. Originally Posted by Rockydoc
Being critical of something or someone is often seen as targeting or attacking.

As I said above, should Staff determine that you are Targeting, Harassing or Attacking an Eccie Member, you would be subject to a Warning or Infraction for a violation of the Eccie Guidelines.

The use of Back Channel Communications would avoid Staff review.
If ok that is pretty clear
So posting a screen shot of what someone has done on twitter is ok? Long as you title it Hey look here!! and not Look what this $^#%#@^ is up to now?