Nine months from now let your voice be heard but today...

...tell us what you think will happen. Things can change, events can happen, people can drop dead, and the world can go to war. We have democrat complaining that Biden is not getting a wartime bounce. We also have over 30 democrats "retiring" from government service. And we see large numbers of people waking up to the danger of being woke.

Here is the question:

How do you think the election will turn out for control of Congress in November of 2022?
I would go with the last one but I would modify the Senate to no more than two or three but the reality is, they only need one and I have no doubt at all that they will get at least one in the Senate.
Demonicrat #31, Ted Deutch (FL), announced not running for reelection.
Typical Demonicrats, either biting the dust or a pillow.
Demonicrat #31, Ted Deutch (FL), announced not running for reelection.
Typical Demonicrats, either biting the dust or a pillow. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
And that means Trump gets the seat?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
  • WTF
  • 02-28-2022, 04:39 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Next Speaker of the House....then impeachment then President again!

They have it all planned out
...tell us what you think will happen. Things can change, events can happen, people can drop dead, and the world can go to war. We have democrat complaining that Biden is not getting a wartime bounce. We also have over 30 democrats "retiring" from government service. And we see large numbers of people waking up to the danger of being woke.

Here is the question:

How do you think the election will turn out for control of Congress in November of 2022? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
house and senate will be hard to sus out with the way you did the poll.

multiple selection and wording would have been better.
GOP gets between 5 and 15 house seats. 1 or 2 senate seats.

those senate seats are hard to win given the fact the entire state is voting for it.
GOP gets between 5 and 15 house seats. 1 or 2 senate seats.

those senate seats are hard to win given the fact the entire state is voting for it. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I'd like some details from those who think Republicans will pick up at least 5 Senate seats. There are only a handful of Senate seats, barring major upsets, up for grabs in 2022 -- Arizona, Georgia, and Nevada on the Democratic side, and Pa. and Wisconsin on the Republican side are rated "toss-ups" according to most sources. NH is rated "lean Democratic" and Florida, NC, and Ohio are rated "lean Republican".

https://www.cookpolitical.com/rating...e-race-ratings

The House races are always more difficult to predict but for Republicans to pick up 50 seats they would have to win several seats that are considered "safe" or "likely" Democratic.

I see Republicans gaining control of the House but not coming close to winning an additional 50 seats and Democrats holding the Senate. Kelly in Arizona will win. Warnock in Georgia is favored. Biden won a close race in Nevada in 2020 and the Senate race will be close too. This race could be the deciding state as to who controls the Senate.
I would go with the last one but I would modify the Senate to no more than two or three but the reality is, they only need one and I have no doubt at all that they will get at least one in the Senate. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Which one, or more, Democratic Senate seats do you see going Republican in 2022?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
No, but a Democrat won't and that's what counts.
No, but a Democrat won't and that's what counts. Originally Posted by Levianon17
How do you figure?

You ought to start backing up your bluster, Buster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSH!
...The House races are always more difficult to predict... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
So what are he tea leaf readers projecting? A smashing victory for Demonicrats based upon their over promised and under delivered results from the past year from Joe Jalopy perhaps?

Gentlemen and ladies, Start your engines. VaROOOOM!!!
Which one, or more, Democratic Senate seats do you see going Republican in 2022? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Interestingly enough, the two you mentioned, Kelly and Warnock with Nevada and Penn. possibly. This prediction follows closely with the chart here. I'm thinking the toss-ups go Republican.

https://ballotpedia.org/United_State...lections,_2022

As if Biden doesn't have enough pressure on him to reverse some of his decisions on immigration, inflation, crime and education, I think we can safely add energy production to that list. If we want the Europeans to give up any and all dependence on Russia for their energy needs, the US will have to step up production in a big way, something the far left of Biden's party will not be happy about and that Biden has shown no inclination to buck.

What do Democrats have to run on policy wise that they appear to be winning today? Can't think of a single thing.

Of course this war and Biden's handling of it, is a big toss-up right now. I think the majority of Americans think Biden could have done more to stop Putin but couldn't.

Biden saying things like "we will put severe sanctions on Russia to deter them", and mere days later says, "sanctions were never meant to deter" when it became obvious they wouldn't and there is a whole list of topics that applies to. Biden saying one thing and his people have to clean up after him and YES, Trump did have the same problem and look what happened to him.

So I'll ask you a question, "what policy questions likely to face voters in the mid-terms, are Democrat's winning right now in your opinion"?
So what are he tea leaf readers projecting? A smashing victory for Demonicrats based upon their over promised and under delivered results from the past year from Joe Jalopy perhaps?

Gentlemen and ladies, Start your engines. VaROOOOM!!! Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I think I made my predictions quite clear. Republicans win the House and Democrats maintain control of the Senate.

My prediction of Trump losing in 2016 was incorrect. That is the last time I was incorrect on predicting election results. IN 2018 I predicted Democrats winning back the House and I predicted O'Rourke losing in Texas but by a much closer margin than Trump's 9% victory in 2016. In 2020 I predicted Biden winning, Democrats holding the House but losing seats, and Democrats tying up the Senate, 50-50.
Interestingly enough, the two you mentioned, Kelly and Warnock with Nevada and Penn. possibly. This prediction follows closely with the chart here. I'm thinking the toss-ups go Republican.

https://ballotpedia.org/United_State...lections,_2022

As if Biden doesn't have enough pressure on him to reverse some of his decisions on immigration, inflation, crime and education, I think we can safely add energy production to that list. If we want the Europeans to give up any and all dependence on Russia for their energy needs, the US will have to step up production in a big way, something the far left of Biden's party will not be happy about and that Biden has shown no inclination to buck.

What do Democrats have to run on policy wise that they appear to be winning today? Can't think of a single thing.

Of course this war and Biden's handling of it, is a big toss-up right now. I think the majority of Americans think Biden could have done more to stop Putin but couldn't.

Biden saying things like "we will put severe sanctions on Russia to deter them", and mere days later says, "sanctions were never meant to deter" when it became obvious they wouldn't and there is a whole list of topics that applies to. Biden saying one thing and his people have to clean up after him and YES, Trump did have the same problem and look what happened to him.

So I'll ask you a question, "what policy questions likely to face voters in the mid-terms, are Democrat's winning right now in your opinion"? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
The predictions in the link have all 3 Democratic toss-up races going Democratic.

The Senate races are less a referendum on the POTUS than the House races. I think Trump's unfounded claims of voter fraud in Arizona and Georgia will come back to haunt the Republican candidates. Many voters in those states on both sides of the aisle remained pissed by Trump's accusations. In my opinion, Trump's actions cost Republicans control of the Senate in 2020 when both Republican candidates in Georgia lost runoff elections.

I think the largest negative against Biden thus far is his handling of the border. The economy, other than the inflation which is predicted to ease in 2022, is in good shape. Low unemployment, GDP growth and wages moving in the right direction. Stock market still well above when Biden took office.

I don't want to get into an argument on certain issues but I believe Biden has done a good job on the coronavirus, although I disagree with his vaccine mandates on private businesses. He got a huge infrastructure package passes which matches any accomplishment Trump had in 4 years in office. He is definitely focused on inflation.

I believe you are correct on the impact of this war on the minds of voters. The next few weeks will be interesting.