The Houston Chronicle expresses remorse over its 2012 endorsement of Ted Cruz!

From Politico:

Chronicle on Ted Cruz: We miss Hutchison

By TAL KOPAN | 10/16/13 8:34 AM EDT

The Houston Chronicle editorial board expressed remorse over its endorsement of Sen. Ted Cruz in the Senate race last year, saying he has failed to live up to their expectations.

“When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November’s general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison’s example in his conduct as a senator. Obviously, he has not done so.

Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution,” the Texas paper board wrote in an editorial titled, “Why we miss Kay Bailey Hutchison”.

The Chronicle lamented the retirement of Cruz’s predecessor in the Senate, saying she may have made a difference in the government shutdown were she still in the Senate.

“We’re not sure how much difference one person could make in the toxic, chaotic, hyperpartisan atmosphere in Washington, but if we could choose just one it would be Hutchison, whose years of service in the Senate were marked by two things sorely lacking in her successor, Ted Cruz,” the Chronicle wrote, citing her putting the best interests of Texas above all else and her willingness to work across the aisle. “We feel certain she would have worked shoulder to shoulder with Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, in crafting a workable solution that likely would have avoided the government shutdown altogether. But we’ll never know.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...#ixzz2i1uEK6Vr
Wow! One of the shittiest newspapers in the State lamenting that their expectations were not met. The Houston Comical is almost as bad as the San Antonio and Austin papers - or maybe worse by now. I really miss the Post.
  • rwksl
  • 10-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Shouldn't political crap be in the Sandbox?
And its moved to the sandbox......Cruz is a douche though.
  • Seedy
  • 10-20-2013, 06:53 PM
All politicians are douch bag cocksuckers. Lol
And its moved to the sandbox......Cruz is a douche though. Originally Posted by Mojojo
Excellent observation! we have our own senator douche bag up in Oklahoma, Jim Inhofe but this Cruz tops him by a mile or more!
  • ackvt
  • 10-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Is this thread about Cruz being a douche or the Chronicle being a joke? Cruz is representing those who voted for him, not a turncoat motherfucker who said one thing during a campaign and is doing another like Cronyn, McCain, etc. You have to respect him for that if nothing else.

And the Chronical sucks.
Didn't the Barnicle endorse Ted in the first place just to piss him off?

Even the Houston Press is more relevant than the dogass Houston Chronicle.
Can I vote for Cruz again next year?
Is this thread about Cruz being a douche or the Chronicle being a joke? Cruz is representing those who voted for him, not a turncoat motherfucker who said one thing during a campaign and is doing another like Cronyn, McCain, etc. You have to respect him for that if nothing else.

And the Chronical sucks. Originally Posted by ackvt
Hmmmm ok I'll agree he represents douche bags
Megalomania: A delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur!

Brings to mind the excellent Steven King novel the 'Dead Zone', later made into a great movie - the central character was infused with the Megalomania disorder, and he was running for President! Life imitating Art?
Megalomania: A delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur!

Brings to mind the excellent Steven King novel the 'Dead Zone', later made into a great movie - the central character was infused with the Megalomania disorder, and he was running for President! Life imitating Art? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Why did you inject Obama into this colloquy?
Is this thread about Cruz being a douche or the Chronicle being a joke? Originally Posted by ackvt
I vote for this thread being about the Comical being a joke.
I want to express remorse in that Ted Cruz is a Texan.
Who gives a damn, about what the Houston Chronicle thinks. Like most of the media, they're mouthpieces for government propaganda, so fuck 'em!

LS