the bottled water scam

Somehow the beverage industry has convinced many people bottled water
has benefits over tap water.

It's not correct according to statistics. It may taste better if you don't filter tap water.
That's about it. And over 50% of bottled water comes from......the tap.
I dont know anyone who thinks bottled water has benefits over tap water. The only reason anyone I know drinks it is because its cleaner than tap water.
Guys just an FYI the city water in your tap water meets or exceeds the federal and local mandated analytical standards. It's our own mentality and the society we live in has made us to some extent paranoid. City sends you all annual analytical report read it if you have the time and compare to the standards. Js....
Caligula is correct. Di water is the stripping of all minerals out of water resulting in a total dissolved solids number of 2-5 ppm. Bottled; specifically purified water is produced by the same method and nets 50-60 ppm. City water comes out at around 150-200 ppm. Still very good and not at all unhealthy.
I only buy bottled water when thirsty on the road. It's nothing but the tap at my house.
As an antidote....I recently set up one of our production lines to produce under gmp standards. Because this system requires chilled water, our customer required the latest COH water report. It's good stuff and this material we have begun processing goes into listerine.
Spicoli on the part two of your write up...if it's not a trade secret are you using reverse osmosis coupled with infra red treatment..lust curious followed by mineral treatment...please think before you answer ...could be proprietary....
Yep. That's it. Pretty much trade standard for any di producers which includes water purification and bottling companies.
Roger that....thanks take care have a beautiful night....
Thx. You too.
Dont forget the "expiration date" ...... WTF is that for?
Really just taste as purified water will attract the plastic molecules over time.
Huh.. did not realize that. Makes sense.
In addition to the added minerals and flavors that will denerate over time due to impact from the environment....
its not the city water supply i don't trust

it's the leaded pipes and other issues associated with an old buildings plumbing
Now that is a legitimate concern GS. I will say that the majority of older homes and buildings utilize big thick schedule 80 cast iron or galvanized piping which pose their own set of problems; calcification, degradation, etc but not necessarily immediate health risks that flushing the faucet first will prevent.
But there is still some lead piping somewhere I'd bet.
As a vendor instrument repair person, I worked in two city water departments. One was Grand Forks, ND and St.Paul,MN.
The water quality, Ph I think, has to be adjusted so metals do not leach out of pipes. Samples are taken throughout the system and measured among other things , metal content. What happened in Flint was there were no chemists or equipment to adjust for water quality when they switched water sources. Switching out all the leaded water pipes in Flint is sort of overkill as all the cities in America have older homes with leaded pipes. Instead hire a chemistry staff and install equipment to adjust water quality.
By the way, I ran into a WWII construction magazine, and to deal with copper shortage ALL the internal pipes in new homes were lead.
Another source of lead is brass. To make brass machinable, lead is added. So it would be wise to flush the tap water for a couple of seconds before using that water.
There is a custom that when visiting an AMP a customer is given a bottle of water. This is from the Chinese not drinking their own tap water in China, as it is not pure enough, but utilize bottled water.