Converting an old phone to a hobby phone

• oden
  • 11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I have an old flip phone that I took the SIM card out of when I upgraded. Is there any way I can convert this to a hobby phone?
no expert, but, unless you go with cricket, or have the phone "Morphed" or something like that, it would probably be easier to just go buy a throw away phone.

I have tried a couple of times to help people out with cell phone, both times i called my cell phone company, the bottom line was, I needed to add another account for the new (Old) phone... I am probably wrong, as usually am here. but .. that's my experince.
I have an old flip phone that I took the SIM card out of when I upgraded. Is there any way I can convert this to a hobby phone? Originally Posted by oden
depends on the phone.

what kind is it and what cell provider it was with originally?
why not donate it to a local women's abuse shelter and buy you a trac fone or some other pre-paid type phone.
If the phone ran on a GSM net(tmobile) then it should just be a matter of buying a prepaid sim card and adding minutes to your "account". Or you can buy a new one for like $30, and skip any guesswork.