Gulf Coast Sushi

Hey everybody, I'm looking for sushi recommendations on the coast. Yuki's was my old standby (not saying it was the greatest, but never let me down) and Koi and Sumo just don't do it for me. Any good words for the places in Ocean Springs or D'Iberville? Particular dishes to try out?
Yuki was always my number 1 go to spot. Stinks it closed. I was never impressed with anywhere else.
Yuki was always my number 1 go to spot. Stocks it closed. I was never impressed with anywhere else. Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
Yeah. Yuki's getting bought and rebranded as Koi has just been a downer. Totally new sushi chef staff I figure, or just being forced to comply to different recipes for old standbys.
Yuki was family owned. I knew mom and her son very well. I always thought son would at least take over after mom retired. Definitely broke my heart
Actually now that I recall...there was another place I had forgotten about. Fat Sumo N49 in Orange Grove. I know one of the owners. Damn I feel like a jerk lol. They were 2nd choice but I am not sure if they are still around.

Bangkok House in Ocean Springs was the authentic thai place to go before Katrina.

Thai Lotus is my sweet spot for pho
I like the rolls at Saki in Ocean Springs and their Hibachi is good also. I also enjoy some of the rolls at Rock and Roll Sushi. There is one in d'Iberville and Gulfport. If it is still open , there was a place called Chef Scott's that had good rolls also. There were small but very tasty. Good luck. Cheers,
http://fuji-sushihouse.wixsite.com/biloxi

A friend liked it.

I like my tuna with mayo and a ritz

Hope it works out for any who try it
Saki un ocean springs, samurai in diberville by academy sports.
Yuki was always my number 1 go to spot. Stinks it closed. I was never impressed with anywhere else. Originally Posted by Kynsley Morgan
Yeah, Yukis was good for sure. MANY years ago the place that used to occupy Samurai was really good. It wasn't as nicely decorated as it is now but the sushi was off the hook.

There was an older Japanese lady who owned it. She employed an older Japanese guy as the chef. And her 2 adult daughters used to wait tables. I used to go there for lunch back in the early 90's.

One of her daughters moved up to Hattiesburg and opened a second sushi place or rather managed it for mom. Both are closed now. I suspect Katrina had something to do with that one.

Koi started out good but went down hill some time ago. Not very good now at all. I took a chance on the one that is is on 49 across from WalMart last month. My two sons are sushi nuts too. They will even enjoy not so good sushi sometimes. They both hated it at Koi back in December. So - never going there again. The place that used to be Yuki's is another Koi now I believe.
Going to have to find some good hotspots soon