Help! I interrupted a frozen Windows 7 update!

And now the laptop has no power....

I've been on the Microsoft forum for an hour trying to find similarities. I was following protocol when automatic updates take too long: power it off, and reboot in Safe Mode. I turned it off, and to my surprise it doesn't have power when I tried to restart. No lights, no BIOS screen. Nothing.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?
you may need a bootup disk to get going, I brought one from these folks a while back
from spotmau, works great.

http://www.spotmau.com/products/pack...FQWe4AodWjIAlg
2 things.. if you can do a system restore a previous date before the updates try that..
then you can install the updates but instead of doing them all.. break them down into small groups..

2nd thing.. do you have the restore disk to start over (worst case scenario)
Hate to say it, but if you are not getting any lights or bios screen than it is not your operating system but a hardware problem.
Hate to say it, but if you are not getting any lights or bios screen than it is not your operating system but a hardware problem. Originally Posted by ElamEno
What do you think would be the culprit?
Could be a bad kink [open cord] on the power supply or perhaps the battery charging circuit doesn't work
Take it to MicroCenter in Dallas, let the Pros fix it. Not that they are the only ones of course...

I am only familiar with MicroCenter in Houston

I recently had a hard drive crash and the data was precious cost me $$$$
What do you think would be the culprit? Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson

Not spending a few bucks, for a Virus protection program. IDK.... or operator error... ?

The thing you type at, ( computer) is just as smart as you, if you do not know how it operates.
Long shot: Unplug the power and take the battery out. Maybe a total power down will do the trick.
Sorry to hear about your problems, Tiff.

I feel your pain.

Computers are delicate machines and it doesn't help to have mobs of hackers out there with nothing better to do than create new problems.

I say you need to take your laptop into a shop and let a pro fix it.

. . . You might also want to consider getting a Mac. I know I am!

Not spending a few bucks, for a Virus protection program. IDK.... or operator error... ?

The thing you type at, ( computer) is just as smart as you, if you do not know how it operates. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Umm no. While the computer is smart, I'm smart enough to invest in antivirus/antispyware, just like I'm smart enough to surf the web via a private network.
Long shot: Unplug the power and take the battery out. Maybe a total power down will do the trick. Originally Posted by sky_wire
That was the first thing I did. I have received some valuable PM's (you know who you are) and just as the experts who saw it first, it's leaning towards a hardware issue.
I did not mean to rude.... I was a little grumpy,

I had a similar problem, I took the battery out,(overnight) then plunged the power supply in, got the computer to power up then started in safe mode.
I did not put the battery back in until I had the computer functioning again.
i agree....windows 7 and updates....wont affect bios and boot. that is motherboard and/or power supply is defective causing it not to charge. take to a store and plug it in...see if you get a battery light. This is where you start.
It was actually the power supply gents! I'm just getting back in town, and able to thank you all for your valuable input.

While I consider myself knowledgeable about computers, I always know there are those that know waaay than me. Nothing makes me hornier than a smart man.

Kiss kiss!