Obamacare freebie- birth control?

• hd
  • 11-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I just read this http://www.today.com/money/birth-con...now-2D11624208

I can't stand that azzhole and I'm sure he wasn't aware this was in the plan, but it's the only thing I've heard so far that I agree with about this BS plan. Only problem is you have to sign up for a plan to get it. Wouldn't you think the government should offer this to any woman with or without insurance?

And Gov. Perry gets that idea of his passed thru that limits womens rights to the clinics around the state. It doesn't take their right away, it just makes them travel miles to an approved facility.

I've always wondered about how many of our providers (that are fertile) use birth control and don't rely strictly on condoms from getting pregnant (besides the primary protection from std's). But I won't ask that since it's none of my business. Unless my tax money is paying to support a child?

OK, steam has been blown off, at least for now!
It is odd that the afca (I can't bring myself to capitalize that POS) allows birth control. Who's going to pay for the huge deficit we are running up if we don't have more kids?

But, silly me, I'm assuming they will be taxpayers.
nothing is 'free' hd...its coming from your taxes
  • hd
  • 11-20-2013, 02:45 PM
I was going to go back and add that fletch, but I figured fuck it, hopefully everyone already knows that, or will when all this shit starts costing us. But it's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for a kid for 18 years!!

It will be interesting to tell who did and didn't vote for him by the tone/content of any replies this gets!
I believe free contraception has been available at planned parenthood for years if you claim indigence. They roll it into the cost of other services and have already been receiving subsidies for pregnancy prevention for years as well. The government has been willing to cover the cost of contraception and std awareness for decades.

What I find most disturbing is when I heard the new program will also pay for abortions!

Regardless of your position on abortions, its really upsetting that tax payers are responsible for two people's momentary fcuk up in the heat of passion. I'm aware that not all pregnancies happen with the woman's consent but that is a VERY small fraction of pregnancy overall. I do not wanna pay every time Susie super slut flings her legs open for the boys on the block.

I'll get on board to pay for birth control all day long since we have all already been doing it as it is, but paying for a fcuk up after the fact when it could (in most instances) be prevented it is just infuriating. That should be a private party expense. Period!
Voted for him and proud if it. He didn't lie to send us into 2 needless wars that costs tens if thousands of lives, cost us trillions of dollars and makes us no safer. That's good ol Bushy.

Yes, shithead Perry's unconstitutional law does take a way a woman's right. Not everyone can drive many miles to the very few approved clinics. This is a big state u know.

But to answer ur original question, it is surprising to me how many providers are not on birth control. But I assume it's just not compatible with their bodies which is why they rely solely on condoms.

Let the far right venom begin.
Voted for him and proud if it. He didn't lie to send us into 2 needless wars that costs tens if thousands of lives, cost us trillions of dollars and makes us no safer. That's good ol Bushy.

Yes, shithead Perry's unconstitutional law does take a way a woman's right. Not everyone can drive many miles to the very few approved clinics. This is a big state u know.

But to answer ur original question, it is surprising to me how many providers are not on birth control. But I assume it's just not compatible with their bodies which is why they rely solely on condoms.

Let the far right venom begin. Originally Posted by Cyclone1996
Typical Democrat. Commits the act himself then preemptively accuses his opponent before they have even had a chance to respond. Classic.

edit: I should have said "liberal on the loose" (LOTL) rather than Democrat. I have some dear friends that are Democrats and, however musguided, they do have their hearts in the right place - unlike this hostile poster.

What's that old saying? If you are under 30 and Republican then you have no heart. If you are over 30 and a Democrat then you have no brain. Lol!

And cyclone1996, what makes you think most providers are not on bc? That is a very strong assumption. Have you done a study or researched this at all??? Or did you base ur comment off of the same reasoning that caused you to vote for Obama???
(sitting on hands so I do not type anything on laptop.....don't do it Spikebaby...don't do it!)

Spikebaby
Typical Democrat. Commits the act himself then preemptively accuses his opponent before they have even had a chance to respond. Classic.

edit: I should have said "liberal on the loose" (LOTL) rather than Democrat. I have some dear friends that are Democrats and, however musguided, they do have their hearts in the right place - unlike this hostile poster.

What's that old saying? If you are under 30 and Republican then you have no heart. If you are over 30 and a Democrat then you have no brain. Lol!

And cyclone1996, what makes you think most providers are not on bc? That is a very strong assumption. Have you done a study or researched this at all??? Or did you base ur comment off of the same reasoning that caused you to vote for Obama??? Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Bingo!

I never understand why some of them are so heavily invested in using the blame (last guy) for something to try and cover up and excuse the serial f/up's their guy is doing. He lost his entire case when he started with that excuse as his platform for (illogical) reasoning.

That being said, Both parties now suck. We have a corrupt, sick and eroding system of governance and we are all responsible for enabling/allowing it (them) to continue. People do matter and the fair solution to many of our issues is somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately, the people elected to represent us in government are ideology/issue polarized and play us all against each other for short term gain and no longer seem to care about anything except themselves.
(sitting on hands so I do not type anything on laptop.....don't do it Spikebaby...don't do it!)

Spikebaby Originally Posted by Spikebaby
Be brave young lady! to infinity and beyond!!!

Both parties now suck. We have a corrupt, sick and eroding system of governance and we are all responsible for enabling/allowing it (them) to continue. Originally Posted by SD2011

Amen!!!
  • Tetas
  • 11-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Cool thing is, I now have free birth control pills too!
Course, it don't matter that I'm a mid-40's single dude and it costs me a few hundred more a year for something I won't use...
mostly older people have signed up for Obamacare. Does my Granny need birth control pills? Gramps has been dead a while
And that's why we don't vote for someone (except the rockstar Bill), we vote against their opponent, the only thing I would vote for is TERM LIMITS. Let them do their job in public (well paid) service for 8 years and then go get a real job.
  • Tetas
  • 11-20-2013, 07:25 PM
mostly older people have signed up for Obamacare. Does my Granny need birth control pills? Gramps has been dead a while Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher
Don't know...what's Granny look like?
(Sorry, couldn't help myself!)