William F. Buckley's National Review rejects Trump ... In a BIG way!

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ose-nomination

National Review comes out against Trump. In a BIG way!

To many, the term "conservative thinker" is an oxymoron. But Wm. F. Buckley's publication has ever been food for thought on both sides of the aisle.

This article, written by "The Editors" -- meaning the whole damned Ed board -- clarified the Neo Facist lunacy that has gripped the nation.

Even your hero, Glenn Beck, is against Trump, along with your other editorial leaders.

Enjoy! I'm going to copy some of the quote boxes for you. I assume you won't read the story.

• DSK
  • 01-22-2016, 08:48 AM
I read the article. Although they are fading into irrelevance, they aren't going down without a fight.

They do not understand they are being told by the conservative base that they do not want to be told what to think by dilettantes who just want to be liked by liberals.

We have a virtual civil war going on among the left and the right, and a deeply divided country. I blame that on the tribalism of multiculturalism. Everyone either has a race based grievance and want to blame whitey, or they are whitey and are sick of white shaming.

G-d demonstrates this at the tower of Babel. Once the people were broken into tribes and languages, they could not work together.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Trump writes a book , The Art of the Deal and our right wing friends are tired of their leaders making deals with Democrats (I think they call them RHINO's) , so they think Trump is a good choice! You can't make this shit up.

• DSK
  • 01-22-2016, 08:59 AM
Trump writes a book , The Art of the Deal and our right wing friends are tired of their leaders making deals with Democrats (I think they call them RHINO's) , so they think Trump is a good choice! You can't make this shit up.

Originally Posted by WTF
The objection is to bad deals- Trump will make good deals - I assume you are being obtuse again.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2016, 09:47 AM
The objection is to bad deals- Trump will make good deals - I assume you are being obtuse again. Originally Posted by DSK
Do you mean like the Donald Trump’s history of eminent domain abuse....those type of good deals?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...minent-domain/

On this issue, unlike most others, Trump has been consistent over time. When the Supreme Court narrowly upheld “economic development” takings that transfer property to private parties in the 2005 Kelo case, the ruling was widely denounced on both left and right. But Trump defended it stating that “I happen to agree with it 100%. if you have a person living in an area that’s not even necessarily a good area, and … government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and … create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good.” The feral cats who currently occupy the condemned land probably agree. Trump did not merely claim that the decision was legally correct; he argued that it was “good” to give government the power to forcibly displace homeowners and small businesses and transfer their property to influential developers on the theory that doing so might promote “economic development.”
JL reveals himself with every post.

G-d, what a fucking putz!

Meanwhile, perhaps it's time for the GOP to SPLIT.

The discussion among conservative intellectuals now (though we'd be hard pressed to find anyone remotely resembling that here) is whether Trump or Cruz would do the greatest damage to the GOP brand.

Eight more years!
The ruling class is in panic mode.

It seems the same thing is happening to the Democrats. It is being reported that Bernie is now ahead of the Hildabeast in Iowa, and I up by 25 points in New Hampshire.

Of course, nobody is worried. All of the Pundits, Polititians, and Establishment Types are assuring everyone that the Electorate will come to it's senses in due time.

Won't They???
JL reveals himself with every post.

G-d, what a fucking putz!

Meanwhile, perhaps it's time for the GOP to SPLIT.

The discussion among conservative intellectuals now (though we'd be hard pressed to find anyone remotely resembling that here) is whether Trump or Cruz would do the greatest damage to the GOP brand.

Eight more years! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hillary may get 8yrs.........in jail. And maybe it's time for the Democrars to split. Crooks versus Commies. So pignuts thinks he's onto some revelation here. Trump has never been a right winger. He's running a populist campaign. And doing very well so far. Who cares if some twit from the National Review is pontificating on conservative values. What has that jackass done in his life? And he's trying to bust Trumps balls? The Republicans are doing just fine. It's a healthy debate. The top tier candidates are beating the Crook in the national polls. It will be fun watching the FBI leak info on Clintons skullduggery. Drip, drip, drip.
I'll actively support either Hillary or Bernie. And btw -- "it is being reported," is not much of a qualifier, Jackie.

Of course, this thread isn't about them, is it? It about how the GOP's "thinkers" are lining up against Trump.

Who's Trump's counter? Sarah Palin, whose campaign work for Trump has consisted of hee no-showing the first day and then attending a big fund raiser for ... Herself!

LMAO!
  • DSK
  • 01-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Do you mean like the Donald Trump’s history of eminent domain abuse....those type of good deals?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...minent-domain/

On this issue, unlike most others, Trump has been consistent over time. When the Supreme Court narrowly upheld “economic development” takings that transfer property to private parties in the 2005 Kelo case, the ruling was widely denounced on both left and right. But Trump defended it stating that “I happen to agree with it 100%. if you have a person living in an area that’s not even necessarily a good area, and … government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and … create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good.” The feral cats who currently occupy the condemned land probably agree. Trump did not merely claim that the decision was legally correct; he argued that it was “good” to give government the power to forcibly displace homeowners and small businesses and transfer their property to influential developers on the theory that doing so might promote “economic development.” Originally Posted by WTF

While you are obviously a small timer compared to Trump, you are both builders, so you can see the need for redevelopment of blighted areas, and the economic opportunity it presents. Eminent domain with fair compensation is reasonable.
I'll actively support either Hillary or Bernie. And btw -- "it is being reported," is not much of a qualifier, Jackie.

Of course, this thread isn't about them, is it? It about how the GOP's "thinkers" are lining up against Trump.

Who's Trump's counter? Sarah Palin, whose campaign work for Trump has consisted of hee no-showing the first day and then attending a big fund raiser for ... Herself!

LMAO! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Add Fallwell and Dole to Trumps camp. Iowa's govenor too.
Don't forget the goon from Duck Dynasty.
Don't forget the goon from Duck Dynasty. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
He's with Cruz.
He's with Cruz. Originally Posted by bambino
One for Cruz one for the Donald. Introduced him (Trump ) at a rally last night.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2016, 01:12 PM
While you are obviously a small timer compared to Trump, you are both builders, so you can see the need for redevelopment of blighted areas, and the economic opportunity it presents. Eminent domain with fair compensation is reasonable. Originally Posted by DSK
Nobody should have to give up their property for a private endeavor. Period.