Interesting new trend in Coed ...

Perhaps it's just my perception but Coed seems to have transformed (With a few exceptions) into a series of small playbacks or reflections between a few individuals regarding personal events, people or topics that only they are privy to. When I log in I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a private conversation at a cocktail party. Then there are the "It's all about me" threads.

Not that it really matters and why not post whatever the hell one feels like? My point is that it's just not quite the same influx of insightful or thought provoking posts that once invited and stimulated everyone to participate.

While it is still a far cry better than the turn-off negative soaps of a few months back it's getting pretty boring to log in and read around here.

I share the blame due to lack of inspiration to initiate any thought provoking threads because of that past hostile environment.

So is it safe to come out yet or are these small private chit-chat threads the only way to keep the boards civil? Hey hold on. Was that thought provoking?
I like things all lovey dovey personally!!
Cody:

I can understand how you might find some of the Co-Ed threads boring if you're not acquainted with the people involved, or interested in what we have to say. I used to see provocative threads in Co-Ed all the time... except they were usually hidden by the more venomous, negative threads.

I watched as some of the more prominent Austin players slowly faded into the background and even voiced their active decisions to not post in Co-Ed. I did not like what I saw.

The thoughtful threads weren't working anymore. The negative threads definitely weren't making people happy. So I made a conscious decision to share more of my fun and interesting hobby-related experiences in Co-Ed. I wanted people to know that there was still a group of people having fun in the Austin hobby world, and that we were more than open to having others join us.

Obviously, I'm not the only one who is posting the types of threads you're questioning... but I can only state my own reasons as to why I'm posting in this manner. Everyone else will have to speak for themselves.

We've already got quite the discussion going on here about this same topic:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=143084

I'm clearly a very vocal woman, and have a lot to say about a lot of subjects. But when I think about posting yet another thread about STDs, sex trafficking, or any of the more depressing sides of the hobby, I can't bring myself to do it. It's all been done... and I'm quite enjoying the happy times I'm having here with my friends.

I'm not just entertained by the sound of my own voice - Carl's banter back and forth about his wedding to Sophie had me giggling for hours. eglrdr's thread about chemistry was thought-provoking and generated some very insightful responses. Maxeen's 7/12 days of Christmas thread was entertaining as hell.

There are a lot of great threads going on here, where people are having fun, talking about what they would do with $1000 in hobby money from Santa, and sharing their experiences. I simply fail to see the negative side of that.
  • tron
  • 12-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree with Cody. It seems like half the threads are more like Facebook posts about what people did recently, and then the 'me too' subsequent posts.

It is probably good for me though, since I will probably be spending less time reading. P411 + email is working pretty well as an alternative.
Didn't Elephant already cover this?
Oh heck. Sorry Nat. Just saw the link.
my first post. as a newby I have been reading coed trying to see how this all works. thing I see is that we are human and need friends wherever we find them. Dog Soldier 4
It seems like half the threads are more like Facebook posts about what people did recently, ...... Originally Posted by tron
This is not Facebook? Oh shit wrong link....
So is it safe to come out yet or are these small private chit-chat threads the only way to keep the boards civil? Hey hold on. Was that thought provoking? Originally Posted by Codybeast
I would say it's safe.
I would say it's safe. Originally Posted by Whispers
Good. This guy was wondering.