Upscale Furniture

• Sonya
  • 04-16-2014, 02:53 PM
I've been searching hi and low for my dream bed. It's a vintage Henredon. Mahogany four poster king. Ralph Lauren style, carved and has gold hardware. Any shopping suggestions? I've been hawking eBay and estate sales. Advice?
I know a couple of interior designers at Noel and Cantoni - they may be able to help. PM me the description or pic of what you're looking for.
Give it a little time. Brook Wilde will post one up for sale soon I'm sure.
I'm not sure what that bed is, but overstock.com has 1,000's of beds, lots are high-end and impressive.
Ikea.
Harwin....
  • Sonya
  • 04-21-2014, 08:02 PM
No. This is a Henredon. Last time I found it it had just sold for around 8000. Not exactly an overstock or ikea piece. Looking at consignment shops and estate sales. Just wondered if someone might have another avenue. I'm not looking for something "similar"
Have you tried some of the furniture resale shops on Westhiemer? I believe there are a few between the intersections of Woodhead & Mandell.
Maybe you could call this place and ask them to keep an eye out for it? What you are looking for seems right up their alley.

http://www.themillstreet.com/dfe/?page_id=3

5701 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77057

designersfurnitureexchange@gma il.com
Ikea. Originally Posted by quickie

You're funny.
  • Sonya
  • 04-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Have you tried some of the furniture resale shops on Westhiemer? I believe there are a few between the intersections of Woodhead & Mandell. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Thanks, ill check.
  • Sonya
  • 04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Maybe you could call this place and ask them to keep an eye out for it? What you are looking for seems right up their alley.

http://www.themillstreet.com/dfe/?page_id=3

5701 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77057

designersfurnitureexchange@gma il.com Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Thanks Brooke, I shot them an email. Hope I didn't come off snooty. But I'm kinda a perfectionist and this is the bed. No others exist lol. She shall be mine. Just figure the more feelers I have out there the better the shot at finding it.
Material possessions are immaterial.
  • Sonya
  • 04-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Material possessions are immaterial. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
So you have no material possessions that make you happy?
Thanks Brooke, I shot them an email. Hope I didn't come off snooty. But I'm kinda a perfectionist and this is the bed. No others exist lol. She shall be mine. Just figure the more feelers I have out there the better the shot at finding it. Originally Posted by Sonya
I know exactly how you feel.

I have a dream bed/set that I want and all the pieces come close to 25k, way more then I can afford, so in January I decided to get something that I thought was "similar" and boy, oh boy do I regret my decision. I wish I would of just kept saving my money and a year or 2 down the line, purchased what I really wanted.

Even now as I type this post, I am staring at my bedroom set with contempt in my heart ... lol ...

I hope you find exactly what you want!