Self Defense

Considering the nature of the hobby and need and desire to be careful (in more ways than one). I was wondering if there would be any desire from the ladies here to take a basic self defense course?

I am currently a 1st degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and am working on getting my instructor certification in Krav Maga. If there's a desire, I'd be more than happy to offer lessons and, uh, "creative financing"

If not, I'd be more than happy to direct anyone to reputable establishments that could offer the same service with less creative financing.
My Kimber's name is Bruce Lee.
I can teach you bitches how to be a ninja cat!

Ooh high end piece there prime time. But I prefer sig's.
  • drax1
  • 08-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Now this one has never been tried before.
Just a thought. I enjoy it and there's peace of mind that accompanies knowing how to handle yourself if shit gets real.

FYI- a weapon can be taken from you and used against you.
Now that sounds interesting.
Be sure to kick their asses at the end of their "course"...the yellow-belt syndrome seems even more pernicious in women than in men ... don't want to create a bunch of cocksure hooktards think they're Wonder Woman.
Be sure to kick their asses at the end of their "course"...the yellow-belt syndrome seems even more pernicious in women than in men ... don't want to create a bunch of cocksure hooktards think they're Wonder Woman. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak

But what if that's the plan?

I offer one tier of training to the hooktards. Then, after all of the fucktards are getting their asses kicked, I offer the next level tier of training to the fucktards.

Pure genius!!! so the business plan looks like this:

1) train hooktards to defend themselves
2) let fucktards get beat up for a few months
3) train fucktards to defend themselves better than the hooktards and charge them for it
4) PROFIT FOR IRON_MAN!!!!!!
  • Trey
  • 08-13-2014, 01:21 PM
The same thing is taught for free by the HCSO and at the end you fight a big guy to pass. Only ladies allowed. It's called RAD.

http://www.harriscountyso.org/RAD_program.aspx
Ooh high end piece there prime time. But I prefer sig's. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
I prefer to just keep the door Glocked.
  • drax1
  • 08-13-2014, 02:07 PM
You'll likely learn just enough to get a good ass kicking. Even the best MMA fighter can't defend against a gun. Avoid physical conflict by all means, and if that doesn't work, shoot the bastard.
You'll likely learn just enough to get a good ass kicking. Even the best MMA fighter can't defend against a gun. Avoid physical conflict by all means, and if that doesn't work, shoot the bastard. Originally Posted by drax1
Agree with avoidance is the best defense in any situation.

Disagree with not being able to defend against a gun.

There are situations involving firearms where not having one is a no-win, but just because someone brings a gun to a fight does not guarantee victory.
..just because someone brings a gun to a fight does not guarantee victory. Originally Posted by Iron_Man
Any time one must use a firearm or defend against one ... there is no "victory"!

Someone is going home. Someone isn't. That is the conclusion.
The same thing is taught for free by the HCSO and at the end you fight a big guy to pass. Only ladies allowed. It's called RAD.

http://www.harriscountyso.org/RAD_program.aspx Originally Posted by Trey
^^^^^^^ +1

Professional classes are not very expensive. Cash is always king around here anyways