Ratings way down for NFL opener: Just Do IT!

And as long as the money keeps rolling in for the NFL, their concern over declining TV ratings is low. There is no indication that revenue for NFL teams is declining. No deflection. Truth. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
While I'm sure the good money is a salve, the wound is there and infection may be setting in. No one likes to see declining viewership of their advertising supported product.

In the Estados Unidos, what we call soccer is more popular among the young.

Plus, the college game feels more like something you can connect with than the mercenaries.
Nobody will watch the Fake NFL until their team starts winning.LOL!

Trump’s tweeting against the NFL might actually be the stupidest use of a Presidents time since the last stupid fucking thing he did. Yesterday.
And, personally, while I know plenty that don't care for it, I don't know ANYONE that gives enough of a shit about what the players are doing during the pledge to not watch the game. Originally Posted by Denali68

Where as i know quite a few who have dumped the NFL, many for good.
Nobody will watch the Fake NFL until their team starts winning.LOL!

Trump’s tweeting against the NFL might actually be the stupidest use of a Presidents time since the last stupid fucking thing he did. Yesterday. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Well, considering we waste our time on a SHMB with moderation that silences free speech, who are we to criticize someone else making bad decisions on the internet?
Back on topic please...
You do know the NFL had to rebate millions to advertisers last year for the drop in ratings. I played football for pay one year. If I saw jackasses fucking up the golden goose for kneeling for the NA I would be pissed. This will eventually effect player salaries. They split the pie with the owners. Smaller pie, smaller salaries. Dumbfucks Originally Posted by bambino
You are correct. The NFL had to rebate some money to advertisers last year. But as the links I've cited show, the NFL is raking in more money each year. The lost revenue in the millions pales in comparison to the billions in profit the league and the teams make. As long as the overall revenue increases, player salaries will increase. I don't worry about NFL players becoming destitute.

And I too much prefer the college game over the pro game.
Put me down as as another non-viewer. The product gets more boring by the year, as there are really no teams left. Just groups of hired-gun mercenaries ready to jump to the next "team" when a higher bidder steps up. Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
That is the same for the other major sports. Players should have the right to pursue higher incomes.
That is the same for the other major sports. Players should have the right to pursue higher incomes. Originally Posted by bambino

Yes, it is the same for other sports. And I don't disagree with your second statement. Capitalism and free markets rule, baby! I'm down for that.

Doesn't mean though, in my opinion, that the NFL isn't a less interesting and more boring product than it was a few decades ago. Still like the college game better. More esprit de corps (among both fans and players), and the players don't yet have the money and sense of entitlement that prompts so many of them to tell everybody else to go fuck themselves.
Yes, it is the same for other sports. And I don't disagree with your second statement. Capitalism and free markets rule, baby! I'm down for that.

Doesn't mean though, in my opinion, that the NFL isn't a less interesting and more boring product than it was a few decades ago. Still like the college game better. More esprit de corps (among both fans and players), and the players don't yet have the money and sense of entitlement that prompts so many of them to tell everybody else to go fuck themselves. Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
I grew up in the 70’s in Pittsburgh with arguably the best NFL in history. No way they could keep all those HOF players together today. It was great while it lasted. I started to lose interest in the NFL in the 80’s. For several reasons.
But not the anthem protest.
But not the anthem protest. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So, you admit that's what it is. I thought it had to do with some sort of social injustice.
I grew up in the 70’s in Pittsburgh with arguably the best NFL in history. No way they could keep all those HOF players together today. It was great while it lasted. I started to lose interest in the NFL in the 80’s. For several reasons. Originally Posted by bambino

I grew up in Dallas in the 60s, watching a team that got close several times but couldn't quite get over the top. Then in the 70s, your guys were just a little better than ours. 1992 and 93 Cowboys were pretty awesome, though. I remember my oldest brother saying that we finally had a badass, kick-ass team with some fucking swagger! Both of us were in our 40s by then, though, so it wasn't as fun as it would have been when we were kids or teenagers back in the Ice Bowl days.

Dad took us to a lot of the games in the early and mid 60s when kids got in for only a couple of bucks, and even good adult seats were only $6 or 7, or something in that range. Middle class families are just about priced out of it now, though. But of course, players in the 60s made a tiny pittance compared to today. Didn't Jim Brown only make about 50K a year when he hung it up?

I remember hearing about how most pro players worked in the off season, maybe in insurance sales, stock brokerage, or something like that. No need for them to do anything like that nowadays!
I grew up in the 70’s in Pittsburgh with arguably the best NFL in history. No way they could keep all those HOF players together today. It was great while it lasted. I started to lose interest in the NFL in the 80’s. For several reasons. Originally Posted by bambino
I was a Cowboy fan too - and I have to admit the Steelers were a little better.
However, if Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson had kept his mouth shut about Terry Bradshaw it might have been a different story. That provided too much motivation for a really good Steelers team and put guys like Staubach unnecessarily on the defensive.
Just showed the stands of the Texans/Bills game and 4 minutes into it they were half empty. Wonder what the "official" count will be.

Now about 8 minutes into the game and the stands look 80% full but they are only showing the lower bowl.
  • WTF
  • 10-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Fantasy Football has saved the NFL...

I think they have made it legal again.

There is no doubt that Trump hurt them, his followers would suck a dick if he told them to. Some probably do without prompting!