Critique Thread for Photographers

I'm new with no content to share yet so take this with a grain of salt. Hsphoto, I like most of your staging but light seems to be your issue. Most are consistently washed with not much dynamic lighting.
  • R.M.
  • 08-04-2019, 12:33 PM
OK, I'll play... I'd work the pose a bit - maybe move her closer to the brick wall and change your angle so the wall is the background and her shadow is higher and repeats her form.

Feel free to post if you redo it! ;-)
  • R.M.
  • 08-05-2019, 06:51 AM
Thank you for the feed back. I shoot myself. When I have a free moment I'll re shoot it.
  • R.M.
  • 08-18-2019, 04:57 PM
So I been playing with dodge and burn. I redid a photo and it does look much better. A least to my eyes any way.
bwjeans.jpg
Originally Posted by R.M.
I'd say twist her around a bit, so that the angle is more figure flattering (ass tooted out more). Soften the shadow to make the leg more visible.
  • R.M.
  • 08-19-2019, 02:54 AM
Thanks when I re shoot I'll keep that in mind.
I'd say twist her around a bit, so that the angle is more figure flattering (ass tooted out more). Soften the shadow to make the leg more visible. Originally Posted by Randall Creed

The rim lighting at that time of day is a great. I bet if you twisted your butt towards the light it would highlight it nicely. (Like Randall suggested, I think.) A bit later in the day, or closer to the wall will place the shadow as a repeating form higher up on the wall.

PS: It's a good shot, just can be better. The down side of critique is photographers are never satisfied with their work, as we always look at ways to make it better...
  • R.M.
  • 09-07-2019, 05:38 AM
LoL. I'm updating my images in Lubbock on Monday and I will post something after editing. I've been under the weather. Thanks love.
hey gurls come on over to my place, you like my fat shag carpeting and polaroids? I pulled it out of my grandmama's closet after she died last year, i think she used to take photos of my dad's ding dong after dinner, maybe we can continue that custom with you and your neighbor? I only charge $400 each photo, that's a bargain
  • R.M.
  • 10-14-2019, 06:14 AM
Well since I offered an opinion on BDS's work on the other thread that she posted that shot on I guess I should add something as well. I need to go through and find some more, but here's one to start with. Originally Posted by maxim_232
you know that who is she?