Born in a different time.

A young monk arrives at the monastery and is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, 'We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.'

He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.
'We missed the
R ! We missed the R!We missed the R!'
His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.
The young monk asks the old abbot, 'What's wrong, father?'
With A choking voice,! the old abbot replies,

'The word was...
CELEBRATE!'

Yuk, yuk, yuk!!! Good one, PJ.
I heard that the earth will be passing by a black hole in the center of the Milky Way on that date. That is why the poles are predicted to shift.
YouTube- 2012: Pole Shift Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Sorry, this is the correct video about the black hole. However, the above mentioned video is also interesting.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVluo-u_xQk&feature=related"]YouTube- Nasa talks about 2012[/ame]
768 - 815 in what is now France.
1189 - 1204 in England (whilst following Richard I on the Third Crusade)
1414 - 1422 in England.
1515 - 1547 in France and through out the reign of Francois I.
1774 - 1809 in the US.
1788 - 1815 in France. - #1 Choice.
1913 - 1920 - in Western Europe, preferably England.
1938 - 1945 - in Western Europe, preferably England.
Very interesting dates TTH, I put 1923 as one of mine so I would be at the right age to be a WWII fighter pilot.
My grandfather was in WWI and no thanks for me.
I just assumed that I would be an adult observer of the times in question, not a participant. That's how I picked my dates.
Participant here.
But if you participate, you run the risk of changing history, and then you might not exist!!

Suppose I accompany Richard on the Third Crusade, actually persuade him to to capture (and somehow hold) Jerusalem. Our history might be radically different and instead of immigrating to America, my Huguenot ancestors might have settled in the Middle East. Then what? Am I born? Where? How are things different?

A very troublesome paradox.
was it only the first crusade that captured Jerusalem? I think there was one where the Ottomans were willing to surrender with Jerusalem as part of the deal, it was refused, and then they never got Jerusalem
Jerusalem was captured in 1099 in the First Crusade. If fell to Saladin in 1187, When Guy of Lusignan lost the battle of Hatin, prompting the Third Crusade.