Is Google Spying On Us??

Is anyone else having this problem:

I use a gmail account for hobbying. I use it mostly on my samsung android phone.

When I go to copy-and-paste a known provider's email, and put it in my gmail account, it's automatically marked red and as "invalid account." Doesn't matter if it's protonmail or gmail, Big Brother knows.

I have to close the gmail app and enter gmail using the private internet browser and then the provider email works perfectly fine. What the fuck? Is Gmail really monitoring our emails like this? Are they flaggig provider email addresses?
Hell they monitor everybody else! I would say YES!

I use a gmail account for hobbying. I use it mostly on my samsung android phone.

When I go to copy-and-paste a known provider's email, and put it in my gmail account, it's automatically marked red and as "invalid account." Doesn't matter if it's protonmail or gmail, Big Brother knows.

I have to close the gmail app and enter gmail using the private internet browser and then the provider email works perfectly fine. What the fuck? Is Gmail really monitoring our emails like this? Are they flaggig provider email addresses? Originally Posted by Hobby1750

Somewhere in the terms of service that everyone clicks on but nobody reads is indecipherable lawyerese basically stating that by using the Google product, everything running on that platform is PROPERTY OF GOOGLE and they can do anything they want with it.

Can't believe it - it's 2019 and people are still about Google and Facebook...

(
Google spy-monitors everything.
YES

I use a gmail account for hobbying. Originally Posted by Hobby1750
Why would you ever use google for anything?

First step: remove all google applications from every computer, phone and tablet.
Second step: remove explorer from all your electronics.

That is a start.

Anyone care to add to this list.
Why would you ever use google for anything?

First step: remove all google applications from every computer, phone and tablet.
Second step: remove explorer from all your electronics.

That is a start.

Anyone care to add to this list. Originally Posted by JRLawrence

- Texting applications owned by any of the big tech companies

- Video chat applications "
Google spy-monitors everything. Originally Posted by VeronicaTurbay

That's why I wear my foil hat wherever I go!!
- use a VPN to access the internet
- as JRLawrence recommends, delete IE, Chrome - Firefox is better or StartPage
- use a non-attributional e-mail account: proton, safemail, etc.

Do your research, stay safe, have fun
Get a nice VPN and use a safer browser like Brave.
Sure Google is 'Spying" on us.

So is everyone else on the internet. Google is just bigger. Every electronic appliance we use records and/or reports something to someone. The echo/Alexa and similar smart speakers know what you say, when you are sleeping and when you are, umm, "awake". . . .which could have significance for the hobby.

.Smart phones are not always your friend either, but can be taken completely off the grid by wrapping it in aluminum foil (Really!).

Any new vehicle has some sort of "black-box" like recorder. My friend's Tesla-3 knows how many are riding, what they weigh and where they sit, let alone where he goes, how he got there and how fast he drove.

Just walking out your front door gets you on video from every neighbor's security cameras . . .the same is true for about anywhere you go in public.

There is no such thing as real privace any more.
Google, in addition to many other entities, captures internet activity that the consumer is not aware of. Unless you are using an untraceable MAC address and a public internet connection, you should assume the anything you do online could eventually lead back to you. The less racket / noise you make, the less likely you are to draw unwanted attention.
Yes AND they report suspicious activity to the feds
All kinds of ways to avoid spies. PGP/GnuPG is a good start, but providers would have to start publishing their public keys and everyone would have to start learning how to use it. There is also steganography and/or good old fashioned code ciphers. If you were still using snail mail to communicate with providers, you'd put a letter in an envelope with a wax seal, right? You wouldn't use a post card that every mail handler along the way can read, would you? Well, every email sent in the clear is basically an electronic post card.
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I would like to add two cents. Almost all big tech corporations such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, and others spy on you and they know how to get your data without your permission. Not only are such big tech monsters, but I can also even say that all apps are spying on you and there are spy apps that are used to spy on you track all your actions done on your Android. And using VPN services, hiding your location or any other tools to protect your privacy will not be helpful.