Why are some local forums allowed political threads but not others

Question for admin please

In texas especially austin and Houston we can no longer discuss politics in our local forums. I've seen that enforced in other cities cat boxes as well. So why is Pittsburg allowed to do so? That's the only local forum I've seen still allowed political talk. Most other local forums are instructed to post political topics in the national forum. I totally agree with this.
Few years ago staff posted that each forum going forward would have guidelines equally enforced and fairness across the board.
So why is Pittsburg allowed to have political threads while others are not? Thanks - wd
It is my hope that admin staff enforce only political discussions to be allowed in the national forum.
I see it as a win win for posters and staff. It would also curtail "other problems" by doing so. Thanks
My hope is that if something ain't broke we do not try and fix it. I don't post in the TX much but I can see it is much more active than some of the other forums and then we have Oklahoma which now is catalogued in a forum closer to DC than Dallas.

Instead of lobbying for less expression we should embrace more dialogue in as many places as make sense.
Fairness. Either allow political discussions in all forums; which is not the case now. Or allow them only in the natty forum.
With staff moving many threads to correct forum these days like amp discussions. It seems this is a much needed correction for political threads to be only in the natty forum.
Or again reopen all sandboxes for political threads.
You could argue that but if the concept is fairness then removing options to post on certain topics in some places is the opposite of that. You were pretty clear on wanting only the main board to allow political discussion yet many topics are more localized so it really would not be fair to limit the venue. Some boards are fortunate to have mods that can handle the traffic and others not as much.

And really to be 'fair' I should not have a vote since I do not pay for membership here.
This isn't a vote. Is it fair for pitt be allowed political threads when others are not? All forums should have the same privileges right?
I'm hoping admin and staff talk about this and either allow all forums have political threads or only allow it in the natty forum.
This is about fairness across the board. Seems like ALL should want that.
Someone elect you governor?

If you get a vote I get a vote and my vote is the only change for better is to allow more political discussion in locality forums.

Anything else is a step backwards.
Someone elect you governor?

If you get a vote I get a vote and my vote is the only change for better is to allow more political discussion in locality forums.

Anything else is a step backwards. Originally Posted by DNinja69
Good grief!
So you think it's unfair pitt is allowed political threads when other forums cannot! So you agree with fairness across the board. Great everyone should want fairness.
There's no voting here. Just asking for fairness. Only 2 ways for them to apply fairness board wide.
I think what you or I want does not matter. To take it away is just petty and I vote NO
I think what you or I want does not matter. To take it away is just petty and I vote NO Originally Posted by DNinja69
Just for pitt?
Fairness across the board is petty?
You're just trolling now.

Bio/admin can settle this and make it fair. Only 2 choices to make it fair boardwide......
Settle what? You not liking something is not a call to action. Let those with a preference speak their mind.

Trolling? By speaking in support of more not less areas where we can engage in dialogue?

I don't think you are going to find many allies in the bid to take away some members ability to post in their local section.
Settle what? You not liking something is not a call to action. Let those with a preference speak their mind.

Trolling? By speaking in support of more not less areas where we can engage in dialogue?

I don't think you are going to find many allies in the bid to take away some members ability to post in their local section. Originally Posted by DNinja69
Sir most forums cannot discuss politics. Why is pitt allowed to do so? Think how others feel sir. Fairness.
How about just doing away with the political forum on the national level as it is just a shit show with nothing more than people who are pushing their political agenda. I swear some of those people don't have much of a life other than posting political bullshit on a hooker board.
Does anyone think anything would change? I know that answer.
Just showing that all forums do not have the same privileges.
Did I think admin would respond? No.
That's okay. It's their site.
I accomplished my Crusade so.
This Crusade comes to a close.