Rope - Looking for the old fashioned kind.

I need to find some rope and well, all that I'm finding at Home Depot and the such is the nylon stuff.

I want the type of rope that you would see at a farm. The type of rope that I remember my grandaddy having. Course and rough.

If you know of a place where I could get this type of rope, please let me know.

Thanks!
Elisabeth

P.S. And believe it or not, this is hobby related!
Do tell!! Sounds ... interesting. Try a saddle and tack store. Or the smaller hardware stores like ACE
I would try feed stores and western stores where they sale saddles and what not.
Elisabeth,

When I told you I wanted to be well hung, that is not at all what I meant.
  • motor
  • 10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
try Elliott's hardware on Maple
Any Tractor Supply or independent hardware stores.
What you're looking for is probably found in a closer place that sells tree trimming supplies like Ed's Lawn and Garden off Midway just north of Beltline or maybe Richardson Lawn Mower repair on SB service road of 75 just north of Spring Valley.
Liz,
Go find the nearest tree. Let's see if he wants to be well hung.

Elisabeth,

When I told you I wanted to be well hung, that is not at all what I meant. Originally Posted by TheBizz
  • fawn
  • 10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
I buy it all the time, you can get it at ACE hardware....
I buy it all the time, you can get it at ACE hardware.... Originally Posted by fawn
Fawn you are so kinky!!
Elisabeth, what I think you are wanting is called sissel rope. It is course and rough. It is rarely used anymore but still available.
We made a old looking Swing at the studio and used some of what your looking for...
Might have some left over.. PM Me and I'll check.. I Think we got it at Lowes
Tractor supply co.Geibos
Liz,
Who let a Yankee in here, Go find the nearest tree. Originally Posted by Lana Warren
lol

CG
  • 69er
  • 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I believe what you are looking for is "Sisal Rope".

Do a Google search and you will find lots of places selling a wide variety online.

A good resource for rope, is a boating store. The bigger the place, the larger selection they will have. Boats require lots of rope. Perhaps not as much as your hobby...