places visited!!!!!

• m2244
  • 02-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Hello everyone!!!! Miss you all!!!!!! My question to you is.......what is the best place you have ever visited and why???*!!!!..... I'm in Boston and it is so beautiful.......the music scene is amazing here as well
My home turf...if the weather clears, go walk the Common, pretty eclectic place with a lot of "characters", wander the Fanuiel Hall market for good eats and such, try dinner at the old Durgin Park Market Dining Rooms, totally classless, great food, old Boston sort of place. Drive through Southie (S. Boston) and see my relatives in the best Irish bars in the world. Stay until St. Patricks Day, go see the Dropkick Murphys shows. Best place outside of Kilmara for a St. Pats night!
I love Boston, where I went to graduate school. That's why I'm still a member of the Red Sox nation.

As for my favorite places, they are mostly foreign. Toledo, Spain is one.
  • Laker
  • 02-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Boston is an amazing city, the Freedom Trail, Harbor etc. Best Party town I was at was New Orleans! One of most amazing soul searching sites was in the American Cemetery at Normandy and then looking at the now peacefull beaches! Spectacular view the rim of the Grand Canyon, and close is traveling the Pacific coast highway!
  • oklib
  • 02-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Laker
You know the Phoenix, Tucson area are high on
my list WHY warm,and no white stuff
Las Vegas is no. 2 WHY great selection of
playmates,and of course Gambling,with fine
food,and drink
Stay warm and do not shovel much
73 and sunny today
MR. BILL
I love Scottsdale for the sun.

I love Machu Picchu and the Incan Trail for awesome trekking.

I love Alaska for all around beauty.

I love Chamonix France for alpine adventures.

But where I return to most is the Big Island of Hawaii which has all of the above and everything I need to be happy.
I love Alaska for all around beauty. Originally Posted by Deepthinker
The devil made me do it! I guess I must not have been thinking "natural beauty".
Boston is an amazing city, the Freedom Trail, Harbor etc. Best Party town I was at was New Orleans! One of most amazing soul searching sites was in the American Cemetery at Normandy and then looking at the now peacefull beaches! Spectacular view the rim of the Grand Canyon, and close is traveling the Pacific coast highway! Originally Posted by Laker

Laker - I have to agree about the Grand Canyon and PCH - how about the 17 Mile Drive around Pebble Beach? Absolutely awesome!
  • Laker
  • 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Laker - I have to agree about the Grand Canyon and PCH - how about the 17 Mile Drive around Pebble Beach? Absolutely awesome! Originally Posted by Perryay

Mr P,

You are correct with the Lone Cyprus growing out of the rock, the ocean behind it!
Wake mt NY. Why, there is nothing there. And sometimes nothing is good.
Boston, Manhattan, San Antonio, Rio de Janeiro, ... each in its way the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Also San Francisco, Denver, Cape Cod, ...
  • m2244
  • 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I am hoping to visit all the Boston places listed I've been having a lot of fun at Harvard lol......I've been stuck in an off city though for a few days
Mary, Make sure you get to Faneuil Hall. Its great shopping and food!
Mary!
The north end!Mikes pastry shop and just about any of the Italian eatery's there.For sea food the Road Island calamari and the swordfish is to die for at legal seafoods . If you like steak Sandwiches try The"Bobby Orr" at The Four's on Canal st. I think the best Chowder I have in Boston is at The Four's. 2 of my kids went to school there so i have been all over the area. I still go at least once a year to see the Bruins play " GO BRUINS"
  • LynnT
  • 02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Would live in AZ. Loved it there. The coast line in Cali is amazing to visit and the beaches of Cancun with the pretty blue water.

I want to do some day job business on the beaches of Hawaii.. I get giddy just thinking about it. I have a hard on right now. haha