Scams non hobby warning

scams

Some one I know got scam out of cash this week.

After a long talk with GPD. The current ones are for grandparents of college kids in NYC. Your grandchild did this or that, and the court needs Money to make it all ok. As in pay for damage to property, bail, etc. When got hold of kid at school. They have no idea what your talking about. GPD ask child to send all that have gotten information. Friends, The college, Landlord etc. Not that college or landlords are a problem. But someone that may have seen. Freinds or other they know. If you say where they are from is a NONO. In this case GPD thinks someone over heard I live with grandparents in Rochester NY. Now if they know the name of student, white page look up in yahoo, google, ask, etc. And call with the story.

Now with spring break coming. Officer told me they will get a rash of this from the spring break hot spots. They check in, someone over hears name and where from, or shady employee. Look for last name match. Most often fathers parents, But with the web the way it is. Mothers parents not safe ether. Some will even hit the parents of kid if can not find grand.

Over the phone GPD check his FACEBOOK, and any other site like it. In this case office said that. Kid did not put to much information there. And most likely not the way this got started in this case. But that it has been a big problem. Officer told me he thinks that a class for all related to a kid going to college is needed now days. As his grandparents where hit over the holidays over a cousin in college.

This elderly neighbor of mine was hit this week two times by the same person. For a total of 5200. I called GPD as soon as I heard her tell me as we spoke when getting are mail at the same time. I went over to say hi. And this so called Officer of the Court NYC called again as GPD was doing paper work.

be careful out there.