Worst Cities for Finding a Job in 2011

congratulations to Buffalo and Rochester for being tied for #2
If any truth to this article, then this can not be good.
  • LynnT
  • 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Im just glad I am not in the job seeking market like that.. I seek work but its my own.

It would be weird.. I have not interviewed, sent a resume, filled out an application on about 10 years.

Well I have kind of had an interview or two.. more like bid offers, still had to do a meeting and place my bid.
At least, when we do find a job, we have the least trouble getting to work. Rochester and Buffalo rank #1 and #5 in the nation among best cities for commuters: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle355759.ece
True, And its only a buck for a bus ride to pick up you dollar and a dream ticket. In Rochester.

When I was in HS. I thought it was strange that two teachers lived on Grand Island and drove here for work. When I started working I met some that fly to NYC from Rochester to go to work every day. And I asked why. For both it was a choice.

Now I know people that still make home here. But only home on weekends. They had jobs here and made roots. But now work in New Hampshire, N/S Dakota, and the N/S Carolina. Reason they do not move, Kids. Here the kids are doing well and have good friends. And fear upsetting that.

It a good point. As I also know some that got great promotions to other stated. Only to take voluntary demotion move back for there kids. For the ones I know it worked. Went up the ladder in work, good kids turned bad, stepped back down. kids went back to there former good ways.