Providers! FYI..

You can apply for assistance even if you have a gap in your employment history. Wishing you all peace of mind and good health!

http://https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-1...s/default.aspx

I don’t know why The link isn’t working, but I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong on my end. Google the Cares Act and you’ll find the link!
Just saw on the local news people are finally being notified they have to pay back UC benefits they received and were not eligible to receive. So many people that don’t have a work history or filed let alone paid any taxes thought they could claim to be self employed and file to get free money. Remember before doing something you know is wrong NOTHING is free. I have heard from people laughing and bragging about getting “free money” well I guess we will see if that gamble pays off now.
Just saw on the local news people are finally being notified they have to pay back UC benefits they received and were not eligible to receive. So many people that don’t have a work history or filed let alone paid any taxes thought they could claim to be self employed and file to get free money. Remember before doing something you know is wrong NOTHING is free. I have heard from people laughing and bragging about getting “free money” well I guess we will see if that gamble pays off now. Originally Posted by NiceGuyinBV
If you know anything about paying taxes, then you wouldn’t be blasting some nonsense that you heard from “people “. It’s not free money, honey. Anyway! Apply if you are in need folks.
I’m pretty sure you have to provide your 2019 tax return to receive UC or PPP. At least have documentation like a 1099 for independent contractors for UC. I’ve said many time that serious providers establish a legitimate company. Preferably an LLC. You can write off a fair amount of your income. And earn credits for SS and Medicare. But then again, so many can’t pay their cell phone bills. Oh well.
I’m pretty sure you have to provide your 2019 tax return to receive UC or PPP. At least have documentation like a 1099 for independent contractors for UC. I’ve said many time that serious providers establish a legitimate company. Preferably an LLC. You can write off a fair amount of your income. And earn credits for SS and Medicare. But then again, so many can’t pay their cell phone bills. Oh well. Originally Posted by bambino
They won't work when they're always dropped in the toilet.
I’m pretty sure you have to provide your 2019 tax return to receive UC or PPP. At least have documentation like a 1099 for independent contractors for UC. I’ve said many time that serious providers establish a legitimate company. Preferably an LLC. You can write off a fair amount of your income. And earn credits for SS and Medicare. But then again, so many can’t pay their cell phone bills. Oh well. Originally Posted by bambino
Please do not take advice from this guy. If anyone needs a SW Friendly tax accountant/attorney let me know.
PPP requires all quarterly 941 tax forms filed in 2019
To get pua you have to show at a minimum ledgers and bank statements from 2019.... I’m sure there are book keepers who can twist the numbers.... but you’ll owe on the 2019 income ...
Please do not take advice from this guy. If anyone needs a SW Friendly tax accountant/attorney let me know. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
Who would take advice from you? Someone filing for UC or PPP needs some documentation. Period. If you’re an independent contractor, it’s wise to create of company. There are many tax advantages. That’s pretty sound advice.
Once again, the herd assumption that the ladies don't pay taxes....

I WISH I'd never paid taxes on the money I made.
I'm not eligible for the cares act because I retired but if I weren't I'd file the paperwork.
I would be more than a little surprised if 5% of the companion entertainers have paid any taxes or have the capacity to set up a LLC. Any legitimate accountant/attorney requires payment and not in exchange for services rendered. But hey what do I know?
Once again, the herd assumption that the ladies don't pay taxes....

I WISH I'd never paid taxes on the money I made.
I'm not eligible for the cares act because I retired but if I weren't I'd file the paperwork. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
That’s why any independent contractor should create a company. It lessens your tax liability. As I said before, if you pay taxes for 17 consecutive quarters, you are eligible for Medicare when you’re 65.
I would be more than a little surprised if 5% of the companion entertainers have paid any taxes or have the capacity to set up a LLC. Any legitimate accountant/attorney requires payment and not in exchange for services rendered. But hey what do I know? Originally Posted by NiceGuyinBV
I think you'd be surprised by the number of legitimate professionals will and do trade services.
Or do you think CPAs and lawyers don't hobby?
Personally I always paid my pros for any legal work.

Oh and Bam, I paid taxes for many many quarters before I entered this business anyway so I'm good. I also haven't had to touch my retirement accounts yet. 😊
You can apply for assistance even if you have a gap in your employment history. Wishing you all peace of mind and good health!

http://https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-1...s/default.aspx

I don’t know why The link isn’t working, but I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong on my end. Google the Cares Act and you’ll find the link! Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
A working link is https://www.uc.pa.gov/unemployment-b...g-for-PUA.aspx

If you follow along to the handbook (https://www.uc.pa.gov/Documents/UC_F...20%2005-20.pdf and reads the handbook, there's a very important quote very early on:

PROOF OF INCOME/WAGES IS REQUIRED

If this agency has no record of your income/wages and you have provided no proof, the following important message applies to you:

20 CFR 625.6, in part, requires that an individual must furnish documentation to substantiate the wages earned from or paid for such employment or self-employment. This documentation must be submitted within 21 calendars days of the filing of the initial application for PUA. However, an individual will be provided the minimum PUA WBA if Pennsylvania does not have any existing wage records and the claimant does not provide documentation to support a higher PUA WBA. This could result in an overpayment of benefits, with applicable appeal rights.
As has been reported in the press, they are coming after people who filed without documentation and clawing the money back. In simple terms: you have to have reported income in 2019. It's how they determine the state portion (eg, all you get after 25-July):

For purposes of computing the WBA, the net income as reported on the tax return for a self-employed individual shall be used
To be fair, they go on to say this:
When an individual is unable to provide a copy of the prior year’s income tax return, acceptable documentation of wages earned or paid during Calendar Year 2019 includes, but is not limited to, pay check stubs, bank receipts, business records, ledgers, contracts, invoices, and billing statements
So, here's the thing: there is likely some subset of attorney or tax accountant willing to play in a gray area on those things, but if one didn't do it already for 2019, the ask is a bit daunting. Don't believe me--call an expert and ask. What they are going to tell you is that the risk lies in how deeply they decide to (or not) audit this program retrospectively. The mild risk is "pay us back the money." The worst case risk is "you lied to the government to obtain a benefit you don't qualify for, and will be jailed."

Bottom line (and feel free to blow money on legal / tax consults because I'm just an internet rando): If you want some PUA, have reportable/recorded income. If you don't have any of that, getting this slice of government cheese isn't likely possible without legal risk or paying for legal advice to minimize said risk. Plus, there are already reports they are working on clawing back the ill-gotten.

Stay safe out there.
A working link is https://www.uc.pa.gov/unemployment-b...g-for-PUA.aspx

If you follow along to the handbook (https://www.uc.pa.gov/Documents/UC_F...20%2005-20.pdf and reads the handbook, there's a very important quote very early on:

As has been reported in the press, they are coming after people who filed without documentation and clawing the money back. In simple terms: you have to have reported income in 2019. It's how they determine the state portion (eg, all you get after 25-July):

To be fair, they go on to say this:
So, here's the thing: there is likely some subset of attorney or tax accountant willing to play in a gray area on those things, but if one didn't do it already for 2019, the ask is a bit daunting. Don't believe me--call an expert and ask. What they are going to tell you is that the risk lies in how deeply they decide to (or not) audit this program retrospectively. The mild risk is "pay us back the money." The worst case risk is "you lied to the government to obtain a benefit you don't qualify for, and will be jailed."

Bottom line (and feel free to blow money on legal / tax consults because I'm just an internet rando): If you want some PUA, have reportable/recorded income. If you don't have any of that, getting this slice of government cheese isn't likely possible without legal risk or paying for legal advice to minimize said risk. Plus, there are already reports they are working on clawing back the ill-gotten.

Stay safe out there. Originally Posted by tannana
I’ve said the same thing in far less words. If DreamGurl knows some spiffy attorney or accountant that can conjure up fake income and fake taxes paid, great. They don’t exist. There’s this pesky thing, your SS#. No attorney or accountant can’t create fake numbers. If you’re off the grid, you don’t get squat. But, by all means, listen to DreamGurl. Or whatever she goes by now.