Photo Info

A question and tips request from our pro/semi pro photogs on here. I used to really be into it, back when a Nikon F4S was a great way to go, used lenses all the way up to 600mm and used doublers as well. It's been quite some time since I've been playing with it and I used to be quite involved. I picked up a Nikon D5200 just to get back into things with the 18-52mm kit lens. It's doing well so far, but I'm trying to get back to how I used to play with them. Because of it being digital now, are there any differences or tricks I should be keeping my eye out for? Any suggestions on lenses for portraits, macro, and landscapes, flash set ups?
You may want to look at ther Panasonic Lumix FZ200 for an all around non-pro camera. Price is right and it's a great little carry camera.
A few lenses I would recommend are the 50 1.8 or 1.4, 85 1.8, 28-70 2.8 - nikons has a big price tag but tamron makes a tack sharp version for a lot less, and the 70-200 2.8. These are some staple lenses for me but it depends on what you want to shoot. I love the 85 and 70-200 for portraits. I miss the days of old the F4 was a.nice body and film...I miss film. I've shot Nikon for 25 years and the thing I love is the glass lasts forever. Invest in good glass and you won't go wrong.
Much appreciated. Seems as though little if anything has changed except for the digital part of the process. I guess I just need to get used to that. I also need to go find stuff and people to take pics of.