Why don't you participate in Co-Ed discussions?

Even when I go away for 6months at a time I come back to see the same ol' people in co-ed.

I know there are so many clients out there who don't post or write reviews;
or if they right reviews, they don't really post in co-ed.

I like the people in co-ed, I just wish there were more participants.
I have heard the: most of the young hot ones are to busy to post, answer.
Not knowledgeable enough maybe, but I'm sure they have got to be finding the time to read Co-Ed.
If they don't they are missing out on some valuable info from time to time. I know for sure if people arn't posting they are viewing. If 400-5000 people viewed the thread, and only the same 40 people post regularly; I want to know what makes the great majority of viewers not want to contribute?

I have heard some people say it's b/c they think it wont make a difference, or their view point has already been stated. Isn't there strength in numbers? I think the mores of ECCIE will be better established with more insight from various added participants.

So for all my shy guys and gals:

I have an anonymous poll for those who don't want to post.
"The notorious posters are bullies & I am too intimidated for fear of being picked on."

With the exception of the latter portion of the above (I don't find anyone intimidating; let alone on here ), I would be inclined to lean toward this one. Most 'frequent' posters tend to think that their opinions are the only ones that matter I totally agree with you. The unfortunate problem with this is, sometimes that can shape public opinion. and that they are above any forum rules and/or guidelines Even if people don't post they can always hit the RTM button when they witness this. I have learned to not be discouraged if you get no response when hitting the RTM button. While you might not get a response as to how the situation was handled, you have to go on good faith that a mod has handled the situation. So Reporting To the Moderator in it self is a great contribution. I've seen many post shit that would have any other member banned or at least reprimanded for saying the exact same thing Often times people can manipulate their verbiage to be cruel or not abiding while technically, still be following the rules. This is still helpful in a sense b/c you know who is who, and what they think, and how they operate; in Co-Ed anyway. It's just like the old ASPD days. Lots of bullshit, lots of drama, Come ooooon who doesn't like a little drama. People wont admit it, but nothing is worth a shit without a lil' drama!!! and a whole lot of chest beatin' and dick swingin' going on. Originally Posted by TxHarleyGuy
Thanks for swingin' your dick a little today.
Seriously I appreciate you posting in Co-Ed today.

If non else, definitely cum again!
What the hell!

Where did TxHarleyGuy's post go?

I have screen shots and an email receipt stating he posted in this thread.
I never knew of general posters being able to completely delete the existence of their post.
I thought only board administration could completely delete a post.

hmmmmmmmmmm.

Something fishy is going on around here!
Don't play with me people!
I'm skeeered I don't want anyone to pick on me. These letter thingys on the screen are intimidating. I don't wanna post.......and you can't make me. lol
Your Poll did not allow for it but something I hear in PMS and Emails is that they simply lack a desire to interact with the opposite sex outside of the transactions.

I believe that there is a far greater participation in the Locker Rooms and Private Forums from a variety of posters never present in CoEd simply as they are here for the information and that is what they interact with others about in the appropriate forums and via PM and Email.

In other word's, from a man's point of view, there is nothing really in CoEd of value to most guys requiring interaction. As you have pointed out, many read the threads..... I think CoEd offers a tremendous amount of entertainment in the humor and drama present.
I just a bit shy, so I don't post as much as some.
Your Poll did not allow for it but something I hear in PMS and Emails is that they simply lack a desire to interact with the opposite sex outside of the transactions.

I believe that there is a far greater participation in the Locker Rooms and Private Forums from a variety of posters never present in CoEd simply as they are here for the information and that is what they interact with others about in the appropriate forums and via PM and Email.

In other word's, from a man's point of view, there is nothing really in CoEd of value to most guys requiring interaction. As you have pointed out, many read the threads..... I think CoEd offers a tremendous amount of entertainment in the humor and drama present. Originally Posted by Whispers
Yep
I don't really think it's intimidation as much as the board is very cliquish.

Just human nature I guess...
But doesn't that come from the people posting on here and meeting each other?
Well the fact is if you disagree with the opinion of some you just get a rash of shit for stating your opinion. So for me, I have decided that for the most part it is just not worth it. I will say that the board seems to be a bit more quiet lately. Wonder why that is.

Just human nature I guess... Originally Posted by endurance
You are talking to a lone ranger right here.

So while there are clicks, why would that deter you from posting?
Is there a need to belong to one? I personally never thought so. If there is, how do you find like minded individuals to "click" with if you don't let your thoughts and opinions be known. I know people want to feel heard and understood.
The very problem with people not posting, and conversing here is that the ones posting will never really know if they are understood by others. More improtantly they wont know to stop their bad and over all unacceptable behavior. Further more there wont be any norms and this "community" will more so be comprised of convoluted factions.

But doesn't that come from the people posting on here and meeting each other? Originally Posted by rockerrick
I agree. But meeting each other can happen without co-ed.
I mostly am curious why people don't post when they do have a contribution and/or hold back b/c of whatever reason.
I want to examine the importance of a greater collective in Co-Ed.

Well the fact is if you disagree with the opinion of some you just get a rash of shit for stating your opinion. So for me, I have decided that for the most part it is just not worth it. I will say that the board seems to be a bit more quiet lately. Wonder why that is. Originally Posted by stevejones1969
Who cares! It's common knowledge that if you have an opinion not everyone is going to agree with you. Being this is ECCIE, you are pretty much guaranteed to get a rash of shit for sure! There is value in all of this; the arguments,the drama, the he-said she-said. People can from opinions and share ideas without worrying about backlash. It's totally possible.
Think it's like the Jr. High School dance where 80 % of the people are afraid they'll make fools of themselves . So they stand around the outside of the gymnasium being wall flowers
They just need to force themselves out of their comfort zone enough times til it feels normal.
Think it's like the Jr. High School dance where 80 % of the people are afraid they'll make fools of themselves . So they stand around the outside of the gymnasium being wall flowers
They just need to force themselves out of their comfort zone enough times til it feels normal. Originally Posted by rockerrick
Word.

I kinda get it thought. Not often but every once in a while, I too can be a wallflower.
Jas, this is a great thread, but I don't think you are going to really get at the heart of the answer. People that don't post while they might respond to the poll, still won't go in depth to explain it. I won't speak for everyone, but I'm gonna venture to say that most of the people that do post regularly (myself included) will likely tend to have high levels of self-confidence and therefore believe that people are genuinely interested in what they have to say. Thankfully, this trait usually is developed by these people being interesting throughout their adolescence and typically, they are at least entertaining, even if they are BSC.

These type of people also typically where they don't really care if other people have a difference of opinion than them, those silly idiots who have a difference of opinion are just that, silly idiots, or if not a silly idiot in general, at the very least they are wrong in this instance.

I think it would be more three primary factors that leads people not to post (but again, this is all just assumptions):
  • They aren't here to read posts, they are here to hire providers and/or post ads to find regulars so they no longer have to post ads
  • They are more of the wallflower and confrontation-avoiding personalities who don't want to hear people blast them for having a difference of opinions.
  • They sort of feel "high and mighty" if you will and believe that they are "above" having to post on here and don't really give a shit what other people are posting.

Whatever the reason, I think that you are basically not going to get many of them to really tell why for the same reason they haven't posted in the first place.

Besides, there are always going to be new people like me who show up and start giving you a piece of my mind!!

Just human nature I guess... Originally Posted by endurance
This, completely. The only thread I posted here was a big group that had some super inside jokes or something. I had no idea what most of them were talking about.