What else have we lost?

The language and the freedom to speak.
In the novel 1984, Winston Smith had a job of going back to rehabilitate the news to match the current political climate. His best friend had a different job; his job was to reduce the number of works in the English language. The fewer the words, the harder it was to express yourself. Remember, when high school kids are exposed to 1984 there is always an outbreak of "double plus ungood" conversations.
So, we have certain words, phrases, and ideas that can't be talked about. Even on this site. We all know that we have been told to not talk about this or that. Even if the topic is on full view in the news. In the rest of the world, you can't use words like dykes (electrical diagonal cutting pliers) because someone thinks you're saying something else. A peckerhead on a motor (that connection box) is because you're being insulting and suggestive.
Saying that someone is acting "ghetto" or "urban" will get you accused of racism. Of course, the person making the charge immediately knew exactly what you're talking about. I guess one racist knows another. The word tranny is forbidden in academia.

Things are not going to get better and that is the goal of the left. But we are going to have reclaim our language or we are going to lose it.
Is there an echo in here? Thought I already heard that crap lol n omg n wtf

Glad I have a life outside of occasional posting
Is there an echo in here? Thought I already heard that crap lol n omg n wtf

Glad I have a life outside of occasional posting Originally Posted by Tsmokies

if you say so

if you say so