the 411 (and etiquette) on referrals please

can anyone give me the lowdown on the easiest way for me to handle referrals from/for providers? i realize that providers will have different levels of needs for this (and that some are more responsive to inquiries than others) but if i wanted to get something together /once/ by asking women for a vouch is there a good way to handle this?

for instance on P411 there is a section where you can request a vouch from providers on /that/ site which seems nice and permanent (not sure if i have to keep my membership going year after year after year to keep this available though...).

but right now for other providers and i am not sure if i need to give out a set of phone number and email addresses and hope the previous provider gets back to the prospective provider - or how best to handle this.

also, if i am looking to get cleared by two or three providers this means a previous acquaintance has to field a lot of incoming mail or phone calls and we all have lives. i realize that some women will absolutely have to speak in person with a previous reference or two but short of that what is the proper etiquette and easiest way to manage this? can i get an email from providers i have seen and forward these? other suggestions?

TIA
I would say giving the lady you want to see the providers handle (how it is spelled on here) Also give around the time you seen her and something that may jog her memory to remember you. Also email address and cell number you use to call (if you do). Giving out the providers number may work to BUT be sure she actually list her number on her showcase, as she may not want that number handed out.

Hope that helps Also shooting the other lady a PM or email and letting her know you are needing a vouch. That may help speed things along too.
Do you have a P411 account now?
P411 is the best its what I use! And yes you have to renew each year for your vouches to stay
hi guys.

thanks. just got a p411 account and am in the process of getting a new eccie account.

i guess part of the issue here is that if someone is out of the business temporarily (in one case) and another seems to be reasonably busy (in another case) - and other women are likely to be somewhere in-between - is there a way to ask someone to do this once?

on p411 it appeared to me that the provider had to be listed on p411 to vouch (not everyone is obviously) unless i am mistaken here somewhere.

also, is there something similar on eccie so that between the two i can ask someone to do this once with listed p411 on p411 and listed on eccie on eccie...?

thank you
  • Steag
  • 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for asking the question 666 I was wondering the same thing.
Only providers with p411 accounts can give you a p411 okay . There are many (the majority) providers on Eccie that have p411 accounts . They will log onto p411 to screen you (check your okays). I personally use p411 to request appointments unless the rate is less on Eccie . Now if you're scheduling on Eccie with a provider that does not have a p411 account , you will have to give them usually 3 references and provide email or phone number and then they will make contact and screen you . P411 just makes it a little easier . But Eccie and p411 are separate entities . And there are no okays on Eccie .
thanks.

so a decent m.o. off the bat would be to ask if you can call or text to set up an appointment and shoot out a set of provider names, email addresses and/or phone numbers? or also include an eccie and a p411 handle?

i mean i have one utr, and one who seems quite busy these days - and i feel like asking them to send me something /once/ in writing and putting together a resume that i can send out when looking to do interviews.

lol.
Yeah I can see why you would want a kind of resume with UTR being your ref . Only give out your p411 info via a p411 appointment request , you don't want identity theft . But schedule a appointment through p411 via appointment request . After seeing provider send request for okay . Get yourself 3 okays , and you'll be able to see anybody you want . It will be a lot easier to schedule then .
ok. thank you.

one clarification is that i meant one utr and one other very busy provider. also it seems like a lot of good folks are not on p411 from what i can tell, unless i am missing something. just curious, but even if i build up the p411 it still means that non-p411 don't have access to those references if i wanted to see them...

i mean, it seems like this is as much a volume issue (on both ends of the equation) as much as it is having solid references in a way. seems like a lot of providers are too busy to provide references and also too busy to get them so having a couple of links with pre-posted material could be helpful...

thanks...