Gun Range Recommendations

I'm not a gun guy at all but have a female friend who is new to the area and likes to shoot. We talked and thought it would be fun to go out shooting together sometime. I don't have a gun and I think she's looking to buy a pistol (I think she mentioned a couple of different types of Glocks that she likes) but doesn't own one currently. I assume you can rent a gun or two at some of these places? Or, if you're looking to buy, will they let you try them out? I really have no clue about this. I'm looking at this as a fun date activity where we could both do some shooting and she could perhaps try out the different types of guns she's interested in buying. I'd prefer a place convenient to Fort Worth, but am open to Dallas area if that's best. So suggestions for a place that would be a good fit? Or, is it pretty much they're all the same and just look for whatever is closest and cheapest?
In door - Bass Pro (rent 1 lane per shooter by the hour, bring your own gun or buy a gun there)

Out door - Elm Fork (1 fee for entire day of shooting, rifle or pistol)

DFW Gun club will let you rent some of their guns (up to and including AK-47 and Mac-10, several types of pistols and they sell them there.)
Not sure where you are, but Bullet Trap in Plano is a good indoor range and there is Targetmaster in Garland. Both of these have guns to rent. You will have to buy their ammo to shoot in a rental gun, and rent eye and ear protection or bring your own. Have fun!
Check out Alpine Gun Range.

http://www.alpinerange.com/
Target Master in Garland. Off Plano Rd. $16 per shooter.

Yes you can rent their guns but most places where you rent you must also purchase their ammo and it is marked up way higher than you can find in most stores.
+100 on the Winchester Gallery. About 2mi S of the NE Mall going south on 820E. Take the Lancaster exit west and it'll be on your left as you exit the ramp. Knowlegeable staff, good stock of new and used at a fair price and the range is across the parking lot. Bass Pro has a better selection, a range and the prices aren't much different; probably a better place to buy because of the selection, but the WG is a good place to go shoot and sounds like it may be closer to you.
Personal opinion....DFW Gun Range can go fuck themselves. Despise the employees (and most of the patrons) that are there. Any place that lets you purchase a membership so you get lane priority can suck it. Last time I was there I got there an hour before they opened, got into an altercation with someone in the parking lot as we were entering (he set his gun bag on the hood of a brand new truck and I said it was impolite at best), the manager was being a dick about the "scene," and all the lanes filled up (even though I was only 4th in line, they took all the members that were at the door) and they wanted me to wait several hours...even then if a member came I would get bumped. Haven't been back since.

I have always gone to Elm Fork (formerly Winchester Gun Club). Its friendly, relatively cheap, very close to where I live, and it has a variety of everything (skeet, trap, rifle, AR, rimfire, and pistol ranges). Plus they actually invest money into upgrades, how often do you even hear about maintenance, much less upgrades at a gun range.
http://www.elmfork.com/

PS
NEVER purchase ammo at the gun range. You're gonna pay easily another 25%. Buy it buy the case somewhere else and just bring more than you think you'll use (generally I work trades with people at the range to shoot theirs in turn for shooting mine, gets me exposed to other makes/models and calibers that I wouldn't otherwise play with).

EDIT: If you absolutely must have an indoor range, I prefer the one at Bass Pro if for no other reason than the air movement/venting system is phenomenal. Best I've encountered.
Vitruvian - thanks for the info.... is ELM FORK the place off of NW Highway?.... do you know if they have instructors that you can hire by the hr for individual instruction?

I have a Glock .45 and a Sig P 220 that I have shot maybe 25 times each over the last 3 yrs - this thread got me thinking I need to get them out and get some remedial training
I love elm fork
Bullet Trap on K Avenue in Plano has a nice selection of rental guns and a decent range.
I also am a big Elmfork fan. And Waldo, suggest to your lady friend that she look into the Kimber line of pistols. A little pricey, but IMHO, they are some of the finest weapons for personal protection made.
Good to know there are some shooters out there I shoot IDPA most ranges have guns to loan, most of them worn out and absolutely mark up the ammo I recommend you find a friend that shoots let them show you the ropes. People that know people in the "gun world" can make your shooting experience safer and better. Perhaps then after your date, if you haven't accidentally shot each, your "gun" won't have to go off in your hand. Happy Bang Bang
Waldo, you probably have already gone to a range by now but if you haven't, I would recommend going with an experienced person for your 1st time...if you don't go with your lady friend (who has a nice taste in semi-automatics BTW). There is etiquette to follow, things to know, things to definitely NOT do or say...

Start with a 9mm then proceed up to the .40, .45 calibers, 357's...the ladies will appreciate the softer recoil with the 9s. Even .22s.

It is a fun date BTW. With range fees, gun rentals and bullets (say, 50 rounds each), the two of you can expect to spend around $50-$60 bucks each for about 45 minutes of fun.
The SO and I have a "Gun NIght" once a week then go out to eat afterwards. Gonna do this with a Provider some day.

Agree with Vitruvian on the DFW Gun Range..."membership"...sheesh. ..
"Badges? Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!!"
Quail Creek Shooting Range, Elm Fork, and DFW gun club are my favorites.

Despite what's been said about DFW gun club, they actually treat me nicely. A couple of times I've gone there they've given me discounts for various reasons. One time they didn't charge me a dime since I cleaned up a lot of the shells on the ground in between shooting. The kicker is that I'm not a member either. DFW also has a ladies night which can save you a little bit of cash too. They also have a larger selection of handguns that you can rent compared to other's I've been to.

Specifically in Fort Worth you're looking at The Shooter's Club, Elk Castle, and Winchester. For what you're looking for it sounds like Elk Castle and Winchester are what you need. Elk Castle is off of I-30 near Las Vegas Trail/Cherry Lane. They've got a lot of rentals available.