Where's your favorite place to go in DFW?

For me, probably a good ole' fashioned punk show...
Depending on the time of year, the Botanic Gardens. I also like to visit the Buddhist Temple during Lao New Year for the festivals.
There's a bowling alley called Shenaniganz out in Rockwall that is ALOT of fun! The bowling alley is one of the best I've been to.
Oh, I've been there. My friends and I stopped by when we were on our way back from Arkansas. It was a neat place, the food was really good in the restaurant. We didn't get a chance to play, though. Looked like a lot of fun, though!
I like the Frisco Bar. Wednesdays they have Kareoke. But for me it's not so much where I go but who I am with. There have been many times I go somepleace that is not my style but I have fun because the people I am with or meet are awesome. And other times I get dragged to someplace that is my thing but everyone there sucks and it just gets boring fast.
In the warmer months I tend to spend my Sunday's at a little goth club called The Church.

It may sound odd but I'll spend hours out on the back porch people watching.
Redneck heaven is cool!!!
In the warmer months I tend to spend my Sunday's at a little goth club called The Church.

It may sound odd but I'll spend hours out on the back porch people watching. Originally Posted by Texas_Seeker
Nah, the people watching it good at the church.
I like going to any nice Italian restaurant or a good steak house.. I like going different bars in the Dallas area too
Redneck heaven is cool!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
That's really close, I will have to check it out!
Thanks!

Reading OP; AOD's bio, I'd suggest the Ft. Worth zoo, snaps of the beasties can make great sources for digital and traditional painting etc. That's where I met my avatar.
For me, probably a good ole' fashioned punk show... Originally Posted by AO.DEMON
Ahhh...the good old days of CBGB's Hardcore matinees in NYC. Those were the days. Didn't really know the DFW area had punk shows.

This is the real shit from back in the day. Click the pic!

As for favorite places to go: my local funny book store and GameStop.
Dick's Last Resort.
House of Blues
Ahhh...the good old days of CBGB's Hardcore matinees in NYC. Those were the days. Didn't really know the DFW area had punk shows.

This is the real shit from back in the day. Click the pic!

As for favorite places to go: my local funny book store and GameStop. Originally Posted by Sascha Ring
I guess you weren't around when Red Blood Club was alive. Best punk venue that's ever been around in DFW. Punk shows still go on, just very underground now. Phoenix Project and a few other more rockabilly dives host shows, but I am more into the skater crowd so skateparks are big venues too. All hail 80's hardcore punk and Russian punk like Dr.Know and V3anus!
I guess you weren't around when Red Blood Club was alive. Best punk venue that's ever been around in DFW. Punk shows still go on, just very underground now. Phoenix Project and a few other more rockabilly dives host shows, but I am more into the skater crowd so skateparks are big venues too. All hail 80's hardcore punk and Russian punk like Dr.Know and V3anus! Originally Posted by AO.DEMON
I was a little heartbroken when Red Blood Club closed, the first real "professional" gigs I played were there. I am pretty sure I wasn't old enough at the time to get in if I wasn't in the band. Deep Ellum in general just isn't the same anymore...

If I had to choose a favorite place, it would probably be the Scat Jazz Lounge in Ft Worth or the Palladium Ballroom for the heavier music. I am a little out of touch on the local music scene these days though lol