Trading for Time

With the understanding that cash has been and always will be the currency of choice, is there something that you would be willing to exchange for your time? As an example, a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes for a two hour session. A piece of jewelry from David Yurman? A dress from Escada? The caveat being that the session value and the gift are roughly commensurate.

And secondly, is their a restaurant in Dallas good enough that you would waive your time fee to go and have dinner? Again, the caveat being that a full paid session follows dinner. As an example, dinner at Nick and Sam's followed by an hour session.

Merely curious.
Normally I don't charge for restaurant time if I happen to like the place and I would be leery about the designer shoes or jewery. There is a lot of great knock off out there.

If you can afford those things, why not just pay cash?

For me, red flag would be flying because I happen to own a few pairs of C.L's, Chanel, and other designer shoes and we are talking close to 1k or more for these so if a guy is willing to trade 2 session for those take a 600 loss on them, I'm think FAKE SHOES!
Good point on the fakes. I was thinking that I would be involved (paying) in the selection of the items.

For me, shopping for the shoes / jewelry / clothes would be the fun part. Watching someone pick out a pair of sexy shoes or a sexy dress is great anticipation.

Shit I'll let you buy me a pair of Louboutins!
Well if your taking her shopping...that is a whole different ballgame.

:-)
Ha ha I want to go shopping for me and let you pick my wardrobe!

Is shopping still fun?
I've always been open to dining with a friend, off the clock, and then playing around afterwards or beforehand.

As far as trading items, etc., I put that in the same category as getting gift cards for time spent. It's fine.

But I don't wish to "shop" for items unless it's something that I really want. A long time ago, I went "shopping" with a cross-dressing man. It was fun. But he wanted us to buy a dress for him to wear that he would give me afterwards.

I was open to the adventure. This was when I didn't collect my fees upfront. Well, he only paid me an amount that discounted that "dress" even though the "shopping" part was also off of the clock. I didn't even want that dress and never wore it except with him.

Anyway, excellent communication is important while entering into that gray area of bartering but for the most part, it's always worked out well for me.

I'm VERY open to possibilities if anyone has an idea!

Always,
Elisabeth
WOW! What a cheap ass E.W!
With the understanding that cash has been and always will be the currency of choice, is there something that you would be willing to exchange for your time? As an example, a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes for a two hour session. A piece of jewelry from David Yurman? A dress from Escada? The caveat being that the session value and the gift are roughly commensurate.

Merely curious. Originally Posted by wgh1973
Yes yes yesssss!!
I am a fan of an excellent dinner at an excellent place....... I can hear the glasses 'clinking' already.
I've always been a fan of a pre or post session lunch or dinner, off the clock of course. As long as my schedule allows it, I've always had fun with that notion.

Now, as far as the shopping goes-- I personally am NOT a shopper. I don't do the designer shoes, purses, etc.... I'm a mother and sometimes a bit too practical for my own good. Small gifts are one thing.... but I don't think I'd want to exchange time for a luxury item I wouldn't likely buy on my own to begin with.
... Small gifts are one thing.... but I don't think I'd want to exchange time for a luxury item I wouldn't likely buy on my own to begin with. Originally Posted by GracePreston
I can certainly understand, and respect, what you're writing and explaining.

I, for one, would like to raise my delicate (and often, wanton) hand and tell everyone that I, Elisabeth, would certainly WANT to trade for something outrageously exquisite that otherwise, I wouldn't be able to afford for myself.

Heck, that sounds like (to me!) one of the best reasons to do a bartering type of time together!

Let me think. My mind is going nuts. Screw the shoes. I'm not a shopper, either, and shoes are the last item on my list (Alright. Next to the last!).

I have other ideas!!!

(I'm in some REAL need of spoiling right now! Spoil me!!!)
I've always been a fan of a pre or post session lunch or dinner, off the clock of course. As long as my schedule allows it, I've always had fun with that notion.

Now, as far as the shopping goes-- I personally am NOT a shopper. I don't do the designer shoes, purses, etc.... I'm a mother and sometimes a bit too practical for my own good. Small gifts are one thing.... but I don't think I'd want to exchange time for a luxury item I wouldn't likely buy on my own to begin with. Originally Posted by GracePreston
Grace, I understand where you're coming from. But I have to agree with EW on this one.

Out of 46 pairs of shoes, only 7 pair I own would be the equivalent to someone's rent or mortgage. Another 15 would range between the light bill and car note. While over the years, I've spoiled myself, a large percentage of these were gifts (Not bartered though. I love men who have shoe/foot fetishes! LOL). And every woman deserves at least one pair of fabulous ridiculously priced shoes.

But as a mom and all around regular girl, I can hardly see bartering for shoes/bags when the bills are due. But if the opportunity ever arises for you (again), I would hope that you have the opportunity for you to indulge.
On the other side of things, there are some men who just prefer to give a woman something instead of cash.

Plenty of guys have this whole "I'm paying her cash for sex" thing in their head and they see this as a negative thing (although it's not, you're helping to pay our bills and put food on the table) instead of the pure and wholesome endeavor that it certainly can be.

So if someone wishes to go out with the "illusion of of not having to pay", which I like to use the acronym IOONHTP, instead of IOP (The Illusion of Passion), then I'm all for going in a different direction.

Hey, anything for a new friend!

Anyone up for a dinner at The Bijoux?

Finally, in defense of Grace's thoughts above, if you're actually searching for a quid pro quo type of thing with dinner, etc., the dinner can be off of the clock and that's fine. But I don't think that I would be interested in going out to dinner as PART of my "pay".

In other words, I'd go out with someone to a restaurant. But I probably wouldn't go out to a nice dinner in place of getting paid for our time together. Really depends. If it's a dollar to dollar trade like that, I probably wouldn't do it, either.

Stuff that I need? Gift cards? Bartering for a gift certificate to Nordstroms? Yes. Sure. If you wanted to try something like that instead of just paying my rates, that's probably just fine.

I would suggest that if someone is interested in doing a bartering like this, just ask who interests you.

Elisabeth
Grace, I understand where you're coming from. But I have to agree with EW on this one.

Out of 46 pairs of shoes, only 7 pair I own would be the equivalent to someone's rent or mortgage. Another 15 would range between the light bill and car note. While over the years, I've spoiled myself, a large percentage of these were gifts (Not bartered though. I love men who have shoe/foot fetishes! LOL). And every woman deserves at least one pair of fabulous ridiculously priced shoes.

But as a mom and all around regular girl, I can hardly see bartering for shoes/bags when the bills are due. But if the opportunity ever arises for you (again), I would hope that you have the opportunity for you to indulge. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson

Heh... I MIGHT own 6 pairs of shoes. The concept of 46 pairs of shoes is foreign to me