Devices trade

Question
Has anyone ever traded services for time? Meaning, if you are a mechanic or a carpenter and a provider needed work done, has anyone ever traded services for time? Just curious if that ever happens
Typo in title. Services not devices
It happens. All the stories I've heard on trades all ended bitter. The provider always ended up losing out
I'm sure whomever lost was a matter of perspective. Guess that's why cash is the best barter item.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still learning here
Once in a while you can find someone who is truly sincere and that you are truly sincere about what you need, and you can barter. Just make sure the rules are clear on how much time you are giving for the service you need.

Let's say you need some paperwork done in some form or fashion, just make sure the gentleman that's doing your paperwork understands that you are offering your time and services for what he is giving you and make sure it is a fair and even exchange.

There are some good guys out here that have really great professions that us ladies could use help with and they do not mind helping a lady as long as they're not getting scammed. That's just my take on it.

I had it happen to me a wonderful gentleman did me a wonderful favor, and we swapped services about two years ago.
I still keep in touch with him and I still tell him if he ever needs me for anything I would be much obliged to him.

But not all scenarios work this way so I can understand where everyone is coming from.
M.M.
I sincerly hope to find an arrangement like you just described. I own a business myself and would love the opportunity to help a nkce lady with my skill set and business. I hope that I can find such an opportunity one day.

QUOTE=Melissa Madyson;1059055036]Once in a while you can find someone who is truly sincere and that you are truly sincere about what you need, and you can barter. Just make sure the rules are clear on how much time you are giving for the service you need.

Let's say you need some paperwork done in some form or fashion, just make sure the gentleman that's doing your paperwork understands that you are offering your time and services for what he is giving you and make sure it is a fair and even exchange.

There are some good guys out here that have really great professions that us ladies could use help with and they do not mind helping a lady as long as they're not getting scammed. That's just my take on it.

I had it happen to me a wonderful gentleman did me a wonderful favor, and we swapped services about two years ago.
I still keep in touch with him and I still tell him if he ever needs me for anything I would be much obliged to him.

But not all scenarios work this way so I can understand where everyone is coming from.
M.M.[/QUOTE]
Most likely to work with a lady who doesn't do this work full time. The full time professional needs to get a predictible, known value for each job done. A lady who does this on the side is more likely to be satisfied with a more subjective benefit.
I am a new homeowner, so I need lot's of little things done that I cannot afford to do right now, especially with the censored other site...

I of course would have to work out specific details and make sure we are both beneficially compensated for each others work.
M.M.
I love to barter...
Well, heck, what can I do for you?
I have bartered on numerous occasions and they have all went well! I just prefer to barter with someone with some sort of credibility