P411 use it or lose it

I recently made an appointment request via p411. I'm a member in good standing for many years and have more Ok's than I care to do the math for (NN * 300). In response to my appointment request I get a message saying...

"... Do you have 2 independent provider references from no more than 2 months ago I can contact ..."

For the guys... how often have you found this to be an issue?

For the ladies... Does the two or three times a year P411 Ok concern you or is it something else?
Nothing is set in stone what providers should and should not do. There are some providers who insist that even tho you are a member in good standing on P411 (active and paid up to date and have OKs), you have to have at least 2 different OKs that are at the very most 2 months old, some even sooner. But that is the way they are, how they feel secure about seeing you, and it is their right to do so as you are not going to change their rationale, so don't bother.

There are many more p411 providers who all you have to have is a few OKs, regardless of how long, and even just be a p411 member to see you. My advice is to do a BCD session with a couple of those girls to give you the recent OKs you need to be able to expand your parameters.

After you see multiple p411 providers, hopefully, you will have two or three that you can rotate seeing and they will continually update their OKs each time after you see them. Then you always want to expand on that creating a larger circle of providers, just in case one or more of your favorites retires, you have a falling out or you just want a bigger variety.
Ladies have the right to set their own rules, we pick who we see. Unless it is newbie, I would move on to the next one.
  • L.A.
  • 05-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Every provider has their own system in place. Some want recent oks, some want oks from somebody they know, some just want oks, some don't want too many oks, some don't want too few oks, some don't require any oks.

What can you do?
All the foregoing is correct of course, but I wonder how many hobbyists are averaging a different provider each month? Even rotating between a small number, I still don't think the typical hobbyist is that active, is he?
Being a very occasional participant makes things more difficult for sure. I dropped P411 years ago for lack of use.

Most of my contacts with providers these days is asking them to pose for photos, or a combination of photos and session if they have very affordable rates. Yesterday I listed maybe a half dozen ladies I'd seen BCD, another half dozen I'd only photographed, but had to admit only one of the BCD encounters had happened in the last year. It took several PMs to pass muster with the young lady, then my wife started talking about "not" leaving town.

Still not sure if I'll get to do any photography this week as planned, but that was a bigger hurdle than I'd expected.

The only set rules is that there are no set rules.
Even having a stack of recent oks, I was still asked for an LE check when I arrived. Go figure.
Never had that happen, and I've got a couple holes of 6 months because of relationships. Duh that's the point of having Okays.
  • ~Ze~
  • 05-05-2015, 01:35 PM
If you can show me a long standing positive reputation, even if there isn't a lot of current activity... That speaks more to me than 30 reviews in the last 30 days.
  • annoe
  • 05-05-2015, 03:54 PM
People can change. How many hobbyists would trust year-old reviews of a provider? Since your last ok you could have lost your job, gained 100 pounds, gone through a messy divorce, and/or started sniffing glue, all of which could significantly change the BCD experience for you and the provider.
Lmao @ sniffing glue...Bwahaha!
You should feel good about seeing a provider that checks references regardless of you having P411 or not. If she feels safe, you are likely to have a much better time because she will feel relaxed and confident. At least I am. I can't imagine how nerve wracking it might be to try to risk seeing someone completely "blind".
"Is he LE", "is he gonna pay", "is he bad news"......References are for everyone's safety. Hell, I've seen girls that post an awful alert on guys that were awesome till the time he saw her! This hobby can be a scary place. Give us girls a break.
There are many reasons a gentleman may not have recent ok's..

Generally some get into relationships, have an ATF, or just renewing there p411 account and have not updated ok's..

I always state my concern and ask in addition to OK's if they may have any more recent ladies who they may be able to use as a reference as well. 9 times out of 10 they do.. so problem solved.

The only time I rather wait is if the last ok was given back in 2013 or 2012 with no recent activity .. which I have seen a lot of as well. Then I thank them for their interest and simply state to keep me in mind in future when have recent references.

It is true people may change, so ok's over a year old may say something about the gentleman and experience we may have together.

When guys are " searching" for a provider they may wait as well to see a lady who does not have recent reviews. She may have +20 , but from over a year old...
your same concerns may be there as well.

just putting the shoe on the other foot..
Hope everyone has a great day!
I'm a active and long standing member on a reputable hobby board.
I've got double digit okays.
I have double digit reviews.
I'm a fucking mod.

Even I get asked to provide additional references. Hell, one lady still requested my first name and birthday. And this was the same lady that I vetted for VP status. And when I jumped through all her hoops, she comes back and tells me that she changed her mind because she doesn't feel comfortable meeting mods from any boards. You couldn't have said that at the beginning?

WTF.

The point being - it doesn't matter who you are. You just learn to move on.
I'm an occasional participant, however when I find a ATF I will see then 3-4 times before moving on , so I only have several OKs . These OKs are sometimes older which rises the questions. Still P411 is a very good start. Trust goes both ways (just saying)