This U.S. City has the highest minium wage

The right wingers will not like this.

http://money.msn.com/investing/post-...wage-in-the-us
Let's see how quickly prices start to rise for goods and services.
They all work at StarBucks. Great!
Libbies aren't to bright...
  • BJerk
  • 11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
I think it is a great ordinance - I hope it stands.
I think it is a great ordinance - I hope it stands. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
So do I but they better not flee to Texas when the shit hits the fan.
If they are only making $15/hr, 32K/yr.... thats not exactly a living wage. Especially in Seattle.
I doubt you get $15 if you work for tips.
They all work at StarBucks. Great! Originally Posted by bambino
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/edgl4...a-bellevue-wa/

You really don't know very much about anything, do you Cartman? and when was the last time you were in Seattle, IFFY?

Your paycheck goes farther in Seattle than it does in most every other major US city, according to that Liberal Rag, Forbes.

That assumes either of you blowhards have pay checks, or know how to read.
Libbies aren't to bright... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
More irony from Simple Jack!
  • CJ7
  • 11-29-2013, 10:25 AM
people making min wage usually work less than 40 hrs a week ... they need every penny they can earn to pay for the basics required to live, and live paycheck to paycheck, they have no disposable income. If they spend every penny they earn right back into the local economy, the economy benefits, ... can't have that can we?
Exactly why should we care what Seattle does? To get to the correct argument, it is the federal minimum wage that is the problem and Seattle illustrates that perfectly. Kind of shot yourself in the foot didn't you. Seattle decided for themselves what a working minimum wage is and didn't try to tell Fargo, Kansas City, or Savannah that they should have the same wage.
Exactly why should we care what Seattle does? To get to the correct argument, it is the federal minimum wage that is the problem and Seattle illustrates that perfectly. Kind of shot yourself in the foot didn't you. Seattle decided for themselves what a working minimum wage is and didn't try to tell Fargo, Kansas City, or Savannah that they should have the same wage. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What a stupid fucking argument JDIdiot! Minimum wage jobs aren't the issue or the foundation of building the future of America.

You RWWs are so hung up on "keeping the (fill in the blanks) down" that you seem to believe that the jobs so-called job creators should provide are more minimum wage jobs for Americans. it's OK not to pay them a living wage, because nobody can tell them what to do.

Then you shriek bloody whining murder about providing assistance for the poor, who are created by your system of "don't tell us what to do."

The irony is incredible.

Seattle did the right thing. if Kansas City won't provide for the poverty it creates then who should?
I could careless if a cheese burger costs $10.00 in portlandia... or Organdia
  • BJerk
  • 11-30-2013, 08:54 AM
I could careless if a cheese burger costs $10.00 in portlandia... or Organdia Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
At the airport, it does!