If you always do what you have always done

If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. – Tony Robbins
Also known as getting in a rut.

I have been very happy with the results of how I go about hobbying. But sometimes, shaking things up a bit can have wonderful results. A few months ago, I took a big step outside my comfort zone and tried a young lady that was nothing like what I normally go for. Wow! Am I so glad I did. What a ride!! I just shake my head thinking how much fun I would have missed out on had I not taken a chance.

Now, as great as it is, there are elements missing that I am sure I will start looking for at some point. But until then, I am really enjoying things.

My point is, guys and gals, as great as things might appear to be, a little change once in a while can be a really good thing. You don’t have to go crazy. No need to change everything or give up what has worked for you in the past. But open your eyes and look around for those gems that might be right under your nose. Change can be fun, even if it is only for a little while
Nice words.......

Nicely written post OBSG!
That's what I'm talkin about!! Well said OBSG!!
change is good. stasis is good.
change is bad. stasis is bad.

actually, change is and stasis is.
good and bad are our judgements about them.

so, as long as your eyes are open when you hobby [caveat emptor, informed decisions, etc.], go for it if you think it'll be deliteful.
Very sweet post. I knew I liked you for a reason.:-)
OMG you finally did it...you fucked a sheep.
(Link to her Showcase, please...)

Good post, OBSG...steppin' out is good for ya...
The thing I've noticed in my life is that when I get in a rut, sometimes even the smallest of changes will start a positive move in the right direction.

Other times, I've literally changed 50% of my life within a week or so.

Right now, I'm considering one of those drastic changes, but I'm having problems just doing it.

So, thank you for your post, kind sir...it came just at the right time for me.

You have a certain way about you. Xoxo
Thanks all!. And the flip side to this is, if things are not going well, or even not as well as you might like, try something different. You can always go back to whats not working already if needed. . Its hard to break out of a rut. But you can do it.

Sweet.treat69, one of these days I am going to wear myself out on your boobs out, I promise.

And Tara, I remember a photo of you on a pool table. You really need to play with my cue one of these days.
I lived in OK once. Up there, men are men and sheep run scared.
OMG you finally did it...you fucked a sheep.
(Link to her Showcase, please...)

Good post, OBSG...steppin' out is good for ya... Originally Posted by Prolongus
I lived in OK once. Up there, men are men and sheep run scared. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
I thought the saying was "Men are men and sheep are glad of it"...?
Hey write a review of your experience...part of your new change! I'll bet it'll be a great one...
lol the definition of insanity, to do the same thing over and over and expect different results
Funny, I have been musing on something like this for a while and had considered starting a thread.

I'm curious as to how many clients are so busy having their basic needs met -- for sex or intimacy, or whatever reason it is that they hobby for -- to try something new. Or, alternatively, how many clients use the hobby to fulfill certain fantasies or to do things they don't get to do in RL -- and, for you married guys, BBBJ w/CIM, while it might be rare at home, doesn't count for purposes of this discussion.

I know that I fall into the too-busy-having-my-needs-met-to-do-much-exploration category. Part of it is not wanting to stray from my comfort zone, part of it is not wanting to risk hearing "no" from my friend-for-an-hour, part of it is not wanting to tarnish the mental image I have of the ladies I see, and part of it is not wanting to risk wasting my money on something that might not turn out to be as good. I'm in a groove right now with three great ladies, and I don't want to risk fucking anything up -- even if any of them asked about my deep, dark fantasies and said she'd comply, I'd probably keep 'em buried.
From my experience, you will never "find time" to make a change or try something new. One needs to accept they need it and make their mind up to carpe diem. Be open and ready when the chance appears.
OBSG, you have the right attitude. When you consider Joey's post (#2), some of us don't have much more than 10 years left and trying new things will send us on more fulfilled, more experienced and with a bigger smile.

Apply that outside the hobby too by doing something new and different as often as you can. Life can be exciting and fun even for us old farts. And, more importantly, if you can pass that attitude on to someone younger, you leave a legacy that will be appreciated.

Thanks for the thread.