Muso News and Musing

This forum is always full of opinions, educated and otherwise, on music, concerts, musicians...

So I was standing in line at Tom Thumb and scanning "Globe" or one of those rags and I saw a blurb "Joni Mitchell Says She Can't Sing Anymore".

Anymore? Joni, babe, I have news flash for you...I only kept that greatest hits 8track around for the thin gauzy skirt braless barefoot chicks with papers in their oversized fringed handbags, not because I liked it.

That's like one day Neil Young wakes up and says that he can't sing OR play the guitar anymore...duh...here's your sign!

You learn all kinds of things and have wonderful memory time trips to a simpler more natural time while standing in line at the grocery store....
Yeah... Last week was looking at National inquirer's story about how Bruce Jenner likes to dress up in drag...as if that's news...must have been a slow news day...

I remember when the Inquirer was posting pics of somebody cut in half by a train, or half of somebody's face was blown off. I think the alien stories were common then, too. Guess they printed all the horrific pics they could find (or make up) and decided to gravitate towards trashing celebrities.
I used to really dig "Court and Spark" back in college. Nowadays there are only a few tracks on that album I can fight my way through.

I was listening to "Deja Vu" the other day. It's amazing how the dynamic of that band changed whenever Neil was around.
I was listening to "Deja Vu" the other day. It's amazing how the dynamic of that band changed whenever Neil was around. Originally Posted by TinMan
I don't consider them to be a band.. just an assembly of solo artists.. each member sang/wrote, played the chief instrument on his own material.. same with the Beatles, post-Rubber Soul, or so..

the Stones, the Who... those are real Bands..