Way to go Senators Cornyn and Cruz........

I agree with both Senators Cornyn and Cruz that the residents of West, Texas are deserving of federal aid following the explosion. Kudos to them both!

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they both vote against federal aid for the residents of the NE affected by Hurricane Sandy?

Hmmmmmm!
  • WTF
  • 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I agree with both Senators Cornyn and Cruz that the residents of West, Texas are deserving of federal aid following the explosion. Kudos to them both!

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they both vote against federal aid for the residents of the NE affected by Hurricane Sandy?

Hmmmmmm! Originally Posted by bigtex
Cruz is an idiot and Cornyn is a chicken shit scared of the Tea tards!
  • Old-T
  • 04-20-2013, 12:30 PM
What don't you get?

All politics is local. When it's MY CONSTITUANTS' local I want them to get Federal $$$$. When it's someone else's local that's pork.
Okay, a few forgotten items;

There were two aid bills that were voted on. One for $9 billion and another for $51 billion.
The GOP senators wanted offsets to vote "yes" on the bills. Offsets are not a "NO".
Cuomo and Christie could not decide how much money was needed, Cuomo said $41.9 billion and the bills were for $60 billion. What was the extra $18.1 billion dollars for? You think maybe some senators were asking that question.
The congress was a lame duck congress. Starting in January it was a new congress.

I disagree with bailing everyone out on the public dime but I don't see the Senate or the House stopping it from happening. What I did see were some questions that Harry Reid didn't want to answer.

You forgot that.
  • CJ7
  • 04-20-2013, 02:41 PM
what I do see is the American rightwing handing out taxpayer $$ like it was popcorn at a ball game to help the poor Iraqui's get rid of Saddam without so much as a whimper, and turning their backs on fellow americans who just lost their homes, businesses and family to a natural disaster. These same sob's proudly stand under, and wave the American flag chanting God Bless America...

fuckem.
  • WTF
  • 04-20-2013, 04:17 PM
what I do see is the American rightwing handing out taxpayer $$ like it was popcorn at a ball game to help the poor Iraqui's get rid of Saddam without so much as a whimper, and turning their backs on fellow americans who just lost their homes, businesses and family to a natural disaster. These same sob's proudly stand under, and wave the American flag chanting God Bless America...

fuckem. Originally Posted by CJ7
AGAIN...........

Originally Posted by bigtex

Hmmmmmm! Originally Posted by bigtex
“Hurricane Sandy inflicted devastating damage on the East Coast, and Congress appropriately responded with hurricane relief,” Cruz said in a statement earlier this year.
“Unfortunately, cynical politicians in Washington could not resist loading up this relief bill with billions in new spending utterly unrelated to Sandy.”

“This bill is symptomatic of a larger problem in Washington – an addiction to spending money we do not have. The United States Senate should not be in the business of exploiting victims of natural disasters to fund pork projects that further expand our debt.”
Lets have a smidgen of intellectual honesty, in spite of your hatred of Sen Cruz. How much pork is going to be loaded into the upcoming West relief bill?
A billion here, a billion there. Soon, you're talking about some real money.
I have the greatest sorrow for the damage loss of life and injuries in West ,but who let them build all that shit around a bomb?
  • WTF
  • 04-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Lets have a smidgen of intellectual honesty, in spite of your hatred of Sen Cruz. How much pork is going to be loaded into the upcoming West relief bill? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Let's indeed do, Cruz does not believe the Feds job is to handle these things. He is a typical politician
Lets have a smidgen of intellectual honesty, in spite of your hatred of Sen Cruz. How much pork is going to be loaded into the upcoming West relief bill? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Will you be making inquiries regarding intellectual honesty in Whirlybird and JD's next round of idiotic postings?
No he is on their side...
Chica, you seem like a relatively reasonable person. Do you really think that Ted Cruz is a person with the country's best interests in mind? Setting aside my polar opposite politics.....he strikes me as a power-hungry megalomaniac.
Well he's one of yours over there, I never even heard of the guy until his name kept cropping up here during the election.

I do think he has the best interests of the country in mind and has good intentions. His real problem is the fact that he went in with guns blazing, pissing off most of the old guard on both sides of the aisle. Whether that is a good or bad thing...well that's why we have elections.

I tend to agree he probably has the big head right now, being the new guy suddenly with a lot of notoriety and a little bit of power. I also think he will fall in line once the leadership and lobbyists get done with him, as they all do. Shit, name one Senator or Congresscritter that doesn't have some power-hungry blood running through them.