No thought about this until now...

Some of you biased people will take this as another attack on Obama but like so many postings on here it is not an attack but a question, an uncomfortable question for some of you. They have a terrorist in custody for the Boston Massacre or if you prefer, an alleged terrorist. So now begins the discussion of whether he is a enemy combatant and goes to Gitmo without passing GO and does not collect $200 or is he a civilian with all the protections that Constitution can give? Why was this not thought of till now? The Bush administration for all of your bitching had it down what was what. This bunch waits until the problem is sprung upon them and then politics comes into play. They should have continued the Bush definition or published their definition years ago. The decision would have already been made and politics would be pushed aside. Just another example of people not ready to govern.
Yes Bush had it down. If we don't like you, you're an enemy combatant and sorry if we kill you by mistake. Which is why Bush cannot travel to a number of countries.

Let me ask you one thing. If during the Civil Rights era the state Governors had come up with the idea of "enemy combatant" and started denying the protections of the Constitution when then?
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM
they have already ruled the suspect In the hospital can't be ruled as an enemy combatant
Obama and his body guards in the media were all hoping the terrorists were more domestic than moslem chechyan immigrants, white guys from a red state was the sincere hope, on tax day. That would have been great political mulch but not so great for naming them enemy combatants, so with such great hopes comes little desire for planning

And of course, until the word was forced upon Obama of late, there had been no such thing as a terrorist
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM
and everyone else is hoping you get a lobotomy
  • WTF
  • 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Once again never has lived up to his name!

btw, I thought this thread was about nevergaveitathought
At least he didn't name himself when to fart...
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
if the suspect is ruled as an enemy combatant his rights provided by law are gone ... in as much as the glen beck crowd are yammering about Miranda rights I suspect they're against this guy being classified as an enemy combatant... Mc Cain and his sister Lindsey are all for it..

the rightwingers need to make up their minds ... Miranda or Gitmo?
The title of your OP describes your thought process.

As usual, you're brain-dead and your post is driven by the GOP call to have the surviving Boston bombing suspect treated as an enemy combatant, rather than letting his case play out through the criminal justice system. Lindsey Graham, sensing that there might be a political issue here that can be used to GOP advantage with the RWW has chimed in.....

The Obama administration has, for years, been clear that if you're a US citizen in this situation, arrested in the US, for crimes committed in the US, you're going to be prosecuted in the criminal justice system. I could chase the cites for you but I'm sure it would be a waste of time since you are a fucking idiot and won't care what the facts are one way or the other.

This dirtbag was a US citizen, arrested in the US, for crimes committed in the US, by US law enforcement. He should, and will be, tried in a United States District Court, and in the state courts of Massachussetts if those folks deem that necessary. And, he is either going to be executed, or he is going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

But, by all means....let's not agree on this....let's use the decision to attack the President of the United States in order to gain some sort of perceived political advantage or, just to make the whackos like you and Whirly happy....because, after all, that is the point of everything you dimwits do, isn't it?
Some of you biased people will take this as another attack on Obama but like so many postings on here it is not an attack but a question, an uncomfortable question for some of you. They have a terrorist in custody for the Boston Massacre or if you prefer, an alleged terrorist. So now begins the discussion of whether he is a enemy combatant and goes to Gitmo without passing GO and does not collect $200 or is he a civilian with all the protections that Constitution can give? Why was this not thought of till now? The Bush administration for all of your bitching had it down what was what. This bunch waits until the problem is sprung upon them and then politics comes into play. They should have continued the Bush definition or published their definition years ago. The decision would have already been made and politics would be pushed aside. Just another example of people not ready to govern. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

By saying you are not attacking Obama means you are attacking him..
. . . if you're a US citizen in this situation, arrested in the US, for crimes committed in the US, you're going to be prosecuted in the criminal justice system.
Originally Posted by timpage
That's the way it should be if law is to have meaning for anyone.
That's the way it should be if law is to have meaning for anyone. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
JD, read this because it is exactly, 100% spot-on correct. And, unless memory fails, this is the first time IBH has ever agreed with anything I've posted. So...we must be right!
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM
That's the way it should be if law is to have meaning for anyone. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
and will be if given enough time ... he has been identified as the man that carjacked the suburban at gun point by the man that was driving. . That gives LE enough cause to hold him until he is competent enough to be read his rights and be questioned ... the bombings will fall into the questioning process and the facts will come out ..

then you can spin the facts like you always manage to do
and will be if given enough time ... he has been identified as the man that carjacked the suburban at gun point by the man that was driving. . That gives LE enough cause to hold him until he is competent enough to be read his rights and be questioned ... the bombings will fall into the questioning process and the facts will come out ..

then you can spin the facts like you always manage to do Originally Posted by CJ7
What spin, CBJ7? You start by agreeing, then you traipse off into a fictional argument of your own devise.
Yes Bush had it down. If we don't like you, you're an enemy combatant and sorry if we kill you by mistake. Which is why Bush cannot travel to a number of countries. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Uh, isn't that EXACTLY Obama's policy?