A Magical Moment..............

Setting partisan bickering and name calling aside for a few minutes, I thought this would be an appropriate thread for the Sandbox!

It is my understanding, Neil Diamond flew from California to Boston yesterday and showed up unanounced at Fenway. He asked if he could help in any way. The youtube video tells the rest of the story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAo_kM_z_38

In light of the disastrous events of the past 7 days, I hope this makes you as proud to be an American as it does me. Way to go Neil, you're the Man!!!!!
Sentimental, meaningless bullshit makes you proud to be an American. Liberty is dying everywhere, but a rich guy has-been uses a tragedy to get publicity makes you proud to be an American. As long as there are fireworks on the 4th of July, you're happy. Never mind the collapse of what made America great. Good god.

I think I have located the problem.

I think I have located the problem. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
There you have it folks, he has obviously seen his reflection in the mirror!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAo_kM_z_38
Getting misty-eyed at a sanctimonious charade of patriotism is not what makes you an American. Standing up for your rights which are inherent to all humans, in the face of tyranny, is what makes you an American.
Getting misty-eyed at a sanctimonious charade of patriotism is not what makes you an American. Standing up for your rights which are inherent to all humans, in the face of tyranny, is what makes you an American. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It's a fucking song at a fucking baseball game.

Get over yourself and pull the stick out of your ass. Stop acting like Neil stabbed your mother.

Not everything is political, OK? Not everything needs to be responded to with end-times predictions and prophecies of doom.

You're just jealous that Neil won't ever come to Wichita and sing for you.
You have trouble understanding things, don't you, ExWhatever? BiSex was making a big deal out of this. I was explaining why it wasn't.
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 09:51 PM
You have trouble understanding things, don't you, ExWhatever? BiSex was making a big deal out of this. I was explaining why it wasn't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

if Big Tx was making a big deal out of it wtf do you call your response ?

you cloud have just as easily said "no big deal" and let go , but NOOOOOOOO you delve off into a political rant and foam at the mouth about nothing much at all. Be proud youre a moron.
Getting misty-eyed at a sanctimonious charade of patriotism is not what makes you an American. Standing up for your rights which are inherent to all humans, in the face of tyranny, is what makes you an American. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
This was/is my point. I stand by it.
Sentimental, meaningless bullshit makes you proud to be an American. Liberty is dying everywhere, but a rich guy has-been uses a tragedy to get publicity makes you proud to be an American. As long as there are fireworks on the 4th of July, you're happy. Never mind the collapse of what made America great. Good god.

We live in a fool's paradise - people search for meaning in the littlest of things, desperate for something to take their mind off the decline of the empire. Mimicking all the PR agents out there, they blow up a poorly sung song at a baseball game and try to imbue it with importance, trying to create a "great moment" out of thin air.
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 09:59 PM
This was/is my point. I stand by it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

you cant stand by it ... just wear a cap, maybe nobody will notice..

WOOOOP WOOOOOP WOOOOOP WOOOOOP

BETCHA GOT A STIFFIE HUH?

Here is the first dumb fuck with his drivel...
You have trouble understanding things, don't you, ExWhatever? BiSex was making a big deal out of this. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
How exactly did BiSex make a "big deal" about it? He essentially said he found it heartwarming and felt proud as an American. What's the big deal? Why couldn't you have just let it go?

I was explaining why it wasn't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You didn't "explain" a damn thing. Here is your response to him:

Sentimental, meaningless bullshit makes you proud to be an American. Liberty is dying everywhere, but a rich guy has-been uses a tragedy to get publicity makes you proud to be an American. As long as there are fireworks on the 4th of July, you're happy. Never mind the collapse of what made America great. Good god. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Exactly, what was "explained" in your insults above?

And is there really a limit on the number of things that are suitable to make someone feel proud to be an American? Are you in possession of an approved list of reasons to feel proud? You sure act like you are.

OK, so I assume that's one item on the master list. Are there others?

How about the Apollo landing on the moon? What about that nation's prosperity? Those are not quite standing up to tyranny are they?

Can you please post the list so we can consult it from time to time to know if we should feel proud to be American?
  • CJ7
  • 04-21-2013, 10:06 PM
COF just had a shot of Geritol, give him 10 minutes

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ok. I get it. Mindless patriotism makes you an American. Defending Liberty makes you a whacko.

I got it now. Thanks, guys!

Ok. I get it. Mindless patriotism makes you an American. Defending Liberty makes you a whacko.

I got it now. Thanks, guys! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Painting yourself as a victim is a left-wing trait. Stop imitating them.

And BigTex said the song/video made him "feel proud to be an American". You have somehow dropped the "feeling proud" part and morphed the discussion into what "make you an American".

The last time I checked, being born in the US or being naturalized is all it took to make someone an American.

It's a low threshold. Bill Ayers qualifies. So does Neil Diamond. So do you.