Question for the Old Hands

This is probably a dead end, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Way, way back in the before times (1982 or 1983), I visited a friend in Lincoln and we went to a club called Sidetracks which had a singalong. But before that, we made a brief stop at a strip club, my first time visiting one.

It was a small place, one long room with the bar on one side and a small stage opposite. There were three girls there on day shift. I don't remember the name, but it seems like I remember something about St. Charles or St. James. I don't know if that was the club or the street it was on.

Does this ring a bell with anybody? If not, thanks for your time.
Sounds like “the night before” Still around I think.
The Night Before is still going and it is on M street between 10th and 11th on the south side of the street in Lincoln. That sounds like the one you were talking about.

Another one opened on O street called the " The Foxy Lady " the entrance is now in the alley, but it is still on the south side of O street around 18th in Lincoln
That really sounds like the foxy lady before the remodel.
Peter McHughs (sic) which was above Sweep Left.
Peter McHughs (sic) which was above Sweep Left. Originally Posted by breathlessbanana

Peter McCue's
That really sounds like the foxy lady before the remodel. Originally Posted by ddplay4fun

I don't remember when the Foxy Lady opened, I was thinking it was closer to 1990, but I could be wrong.

They did do a big remodel and added the building next door to it about 10 years ago I think, so it is about twice as wide now as it was then.

There used to be one on N 48th out by the landfill, might have been called the Drumstick, but that closed down. It was a real dive from what I heard others talk about.
I don't remember when the Foxy Lady opened, I was thinking it was closer to 1990, but I could be wrong.

They did do a big remodel and added the building next door to it about 10 years ago I think, so it is about twice as wide now as it was then.

There used to be one on N 48th out by the landfill, might have been called the Drumstick, but that closed down. It was a real dive from what I heard others talk about. Originally Posted by farmstud60

I remember the one of 48th, I think. If it’s the one I remember it looked like Porky’s from the outside. We went there to get off sale beer on Sundays in the late 80’s to get beer because it was outside city limits ( Lincoln had really restrictive alcohol sales laws back then).

I know Foxy was there on about 17th and O in the late 80’s. I turned 21 then and it was open already. It was long and narrow. Night Before was more boxy.

The Drumstick had some great bands then. It was on 48th and near Vine. I don’t remember it ever being a Strip Club. Bands like REM played there early in their careers.
Was thinking Peter McCues also
Back in the day, what is now The Royal Grove in Lincoln used to be a strip club from what I remember.
Back in the day, what is now The Royal Grove in Lincoln used to be a strip club from what I remember. Originally Posted by Guardian of Asgaard

Pat Benetar played there just as her first record was getting airplay on the radio. I think Royal Grove was set up for live music and bands back in the 70's and 80's. There were some nights of strippers after this, and I am not sure what is happening there now.
The Royal Grove is back to bands and the odd comedian that has been "cancelled"

I saw Louis CK there sometime last year.
Pat Benetar played there just as her first record was getting airplay on the radio. I think Royal Grove was set up for live music and bands back in the 70's and 80's. There were some nights of strippers after this, and I am not sure what is happening there now. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Royal Grove had afternoon strippers back in 2001 when I turned 21, at night it became more of a dance
club or music type establishment.