MONTGOMERY...NEED HELP!

HEY I'M COMING TO MONTGOMERY NEXT WEEK FOR A FEW DAYS AND I NEED SOME INFO ON GOOD HOTELS IN GOOD AREAS, ALSO ANY GOOD RESTAURANTS ETC. THANKS!!
There are several nice hotels on the east side of town near the Eastchase shopping center. Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn are at the higher end but there are also nice budget hotels in that area too. Microtel Inn has very nice rooms for very reasonable rates. Also Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express are in this area. They are all located near I-85 Exit 11.
One of my favorite restaurants is Mr. Gus's at 6268 Atlanta Highway (Bell Road and Atlanta Highway), it serves both Italian and Greek cuisine. The Eastside Grill in the Walmart Shopping Center (just up the street from Mr. Gus's) is good for steaks and burgers and other American dishes. Montgomery also has Thai, Korean, Indian, Mexican and countless meat and three restaurants if any of that stuff trips you trigger.
When are you coming to Montgomery?
  • FK
  • 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
The Eastchase Mall area is the ONLY good area in Montgomery! LOL
Everything you need is right there in that area.
Be careful and have fun.
That's not true, Fallon... There's 2-3 very nice hotels just north of Exit 4 and also the Renaissance, Hampton and Embassy Suites downtown. Just stay away from Exit 6 on I-85 or South Blvd off of I-65. and if you add in Prattville, there's several very nice ones off of I-65 just north of town.
Star, Montgomery is very limited in what you seek.... come to Panama City Beach instead... :-)
  • FK
  • 08-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Most gentleman don't like visiting a downtown area because of parking issues. But thank you Stanky, that is good info.
It has been 2 years since I worked in downtown Montgomery (Colonial Bank). There are some nice things being developed in the River Walk (or is it River Front) area and along Commerce St and Tallapoosa St. But you are right, parking is an issue down there. So is some of the local thuggery.

Not far from the Renaissance Center and Embassy Suites there's a public housing apartment building or 2. I think there's an alleged drug treatment center nearby. And there's a lot of homeless people that wonder around downtown all hours of the day and night.

I had to make several trips midnight to Montgomery to work on the computer systems that were at 250 Commerce St. Never felt comfortable getting in and out of the car and building down there. Not to mention having to dodge the drunks coming out of the Alley Bar on Commerce between Bibb/Madison and Tallapoosa.

But I did enjoy working down there during the day. I worked out of 1 Court Square. There were lots of good places to eat lunch during the day within walking distance. There was Lundy's, Flames (which was sort of a hamburger/chicken joint), Chris' Hotdogs, there was a Chinese place on the corner of Commerce and Madison/Bibb, and an Italian place in the development they were doing next to the Alley Bar. Seems like there was also a Dreamland BBQ.
Thanks for this info. Saved me some time on researching best place to stay close to something.