lodging and safe routes in BHAM

Heading to Bham today and was wanting to know the best areas and the no no spots to stay! Any red zones I should avoid entirely? I'm pathetically behind schedule so I'm taking off in that general direction and won't be able to check messages until I stop somewhere with internet, so if you're feeling generous, any vital advice can be texted to me, or shoot me a call. Otherwise, I'll look back in a few hours

Looking forward to exploring your city, but I want to make sure to stay safe, so no grungy ghetto areas, nowhere too far from civilization or amenities (I'm spoiled and love my starbucks) If anyone knows of a killer Cuban restaurant, I'd kneel at your feet for the address!!! Thanks a lot!

228-424-6806
Miami Cafe in Pelham is the only Cuban place in the Birmingham area. Pretty damn good might I add...
Miami Cafe? That's a new one on me. I'm going to have to check it out the next weekend I'm over there working on my house.

It's amazing to me how much that area has changed in the past 2 years.
Don't know how good they are, but Urban Spoon list 3 Cuban Restaurants.

Kool Korner Sandwiches
790 Montgomery Way
Vestavia/Cahaba Heights, AL 35216
(205) 822-4406

Miami Cafe
3569 Pelham Pkwy
Pelham, AL 35124
(205) 358-8348

La Brisa Mexican (Don't ask me)
2341 John Hawkins Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205) 403-8336

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
  • FK
  • 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Oh wow, I had no idea there was any Cuban food in Birmingham. I thought I would have to go back to Tampa to ever have Ropa Vieja again.