the Captain & Tennille are Getting a Divorce!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=21629304

that's it.. if love won't keep them together, is there any hope for Mankind?
Well this is what happens when u have "Muskrat Love"
WTF????

Hope some sweet talking girl came along.

But he prolly just didn't wanna do that to her one more time....
Whoa, hold on: I hadn't read the article before my last post. Now that I've read he's dealing with parkinson's and dementia, don't be surprised if this divorce is really more a matter of financial planning. He's got a lot of very expensive medical care ahead of him as this thing winds down, and it could easily drain the marital estate. It's pretty common for couples to "divorce" under such circumstances so that the "healthy" spouse can preserve at least a portion of the estate as his or her separate property. That happens with some frequency when there's inadequate insurance. Just 'cause they were very successful doesn't mean they planned ahead from an insurance standpoint.

Or maybe not....
good point EccieNewbie.. however.. there are Federal Laws, as I recall instigated under the Clinton Administration, that prevent people from giving away assets, in order to qualify for medicaid.. the assets given away are treated as one's own property, for 3 years.. I don't know if Daryl and Toni can divorce to shield half of their assets from impending medical bills.. seems like the same concept would apply to giving your spouse communal assets, to escape medical indebtness.

or maybe Toni decided to heed her mother's advice.. you know.. "my Mama told me, you better shop around"
Here's an interesting primer on "medicaid divorces": http://www.weinbergerlawgroup.com/di...d-divorce.aspx Looks like divorce is a viable aspect of financial planning in some states, even with the federal issue of medicaid being in the mix.

My gut tells me that's what's going on here, and I'm sure they were informed enough to establish residency in a state that's "friendly" to these types of divorces. Seems a retirement state like Arizona would be very friendly to the concerns of elderly residents.
I wish them all the luck in the world. They certainly had their time during the 70's, didn't they?

Daryl Dragon......love it. What a perfect hobby alias.

Godspeed, Captain and Tenille!
I have not seen a recent photo of Tennille:however,I think Chung would still do her.LOL Me also
Well this is what happens when u have "Muskrat Love" Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher
Trivia Question: Without researching for the answer, who can name the person that wrote the song Muskrat Love?
Trivia Question: Without researching for the answer, who can name the person that wrote the song Muskrat Love? Originally Posted by MobyDick100
Gerry Beckley?
Aww gee whiz. I hate to hear that.

I once made a CD of songs to be played during a FBSM with my favorite (now retired) lady. I finished the CD with "Do That To Me One More Time". Toni singing that always got me going. My FBSM lady had never heard the song or of The Captain and Tenille. I suddenly felt real old.

I'm sorry for their troubles. I wish them both the best.
Trivia Question: Without researching for the answer, who can name the person that wrote the song Muskrat Love? Originally Posted by MobyDick100
Moby....I'm gonna guess it was Neill Sedaka (since he discovered them perhaps he gave them the song becuz he was too embarrassed to record it himself?)
Chung Tran, great guess because the band America covered that song. Chateau, great guess also but Neil was too busy hearing laughter in the rain. The answer is a little known singer/writer when the progressive country genre was popular in the late seventies/early eighties. His name was Willis Alan Ramsey, and he was from the NE Texas area, I believe around New Boston.
Willis Alan Ramsey was name checked by Jimmy Buffett in "Tryin' to Reason with Hurricane Season"

'Listenin' to Murphey, Walker and Willis
Sing me their Texas rhymes'

Some great lines in those early Buffett tunes:
'Most of the people who reside in Florida
Are wrinkled and they lean on a crutch
And mobile homes are smothering the Keys
I hate those bastards so much'

Oh, the stories we could tell....
Willis Alan Ramsey was name checked by Jimmy Buffett in "Tryin' to Reason with Hurricane Season"

'Listenin' to Murphey, Walker and Willis
Sing me their Texas rhymes'

Some great lines in those early Buffett tunes:
'Most of the people who reside in Florida
Are wrinkled and they lean on a crutch
And mobile homes are smothering the Keys
I hate those bastards so much'

Oh, the stories we could tell.... Originally Posted by Meerschaum
That would be Jerry Jeff Walker and Michael Martin Murphy I presume. Yeah, my dad used to listen to those old guys, lol.