I Miss The Good Ol' Days, Don't You?

And even before that, there were no cell phones and/or text messaging. Does anyone remember the good ole days?
Hell i can remember pay phones and fax machines ! old fart arent I
  • beady
  • 03-14-2012, 11:36 AM
How about the telex and handwritten receipts/bills
Rotary dial and busy signals, lol I heard a busy signal a while back and thought what is that noise?? what does it mean?? Id not heard it in years!! lol

I had this phone in my bedroom when I was a kid and really thought I was hot shit because I had a phone that was not tan or black. lol
How about operators who had to connect you and party lines? I grew up in a small town where the operator listened in and knew everyone's business.
A yellow pad and pencil. I still go there sometimes.
lol..

my phone..

It matched the ugggggg.. red shag carpet I had in my room LOL

Remember when charge cards went thru the machine that made an imprint and receipts had carbons? Remember before rampant identity theft how no one would care about the carbons and then later they'd ask the clerk to tear them up in front of you or you'd request to keep your carbons??
I can remember when there were no charge cards. What a world we have created.
I can remember when you could get into the movies with a milk carton.
Drive-in theaters was the place to get it on with the GF.
Remember when charge cards went thru the machine that made an imprint and receipts had carbons? Originally Posted by tia travels
and before they ran it thru the imprint machine, the clerk had to look up the number in a little book of invalid numbers that MasterCard gave to the merchants!!

I can remember when you could get into the movies with a milk carton. Originally Posted by cumalot
i remember doing that in Big Spring every saturday morning - you got in, a box of popcorn, a serial [usually a western], AND a feature movie!!

and going to the army base when movies were 25 cents!!!

best of all, candy was 1 or 2 or 5 cents. if it were 10 cents, you'd be a splurging mofo!
i remember doing that in Big Spring every saturday morning - you got in, a box of popcorn, a serial [usually a western], AND a feature movie!! Originally Posted by pmdelites
Yep that was the days for me as well in Clovis, NM
5-1/2 oz cokes were a nickel. All 5 stick gum packages were a nickel. Popcorn at the movie theater was a dime. It cost 25 cents to get in to the movie theater. No such thing as welfare. If you ate at the school in junior high the cost was $.35 and for for an extra nickel you could get a second roll. The popsicle guy rode a 3 wheeled bicycle with dried ice in it to keep things cold. Popsicles were a dime and if you really wanted to spurge a drumstick was $.15. At the same time gasoline was running .229 per gallon and they really washed your windows when they pumped your gas. They always checked the oil at the same time. You had to get your car tuned up every 3000 miles or so because of the dirty plugs caused by the gasoline. Unleaded gas nowadays means no tuneups (I guess that's good) No such thing as radial tires. If you got 15,000 miles out a a set of tires then you were doing good. I remember replacing my rear tires regularly because of burning rubber pulling out of the drive-in's when cruising on Friday and Saturday nights.
wow you people are really old