Frank Frazetta Master Artist Passes Away

Fantasy artist Frank Frazetta passed away yesterday at age 82. He was famous for his fantasy art work and macabre comic strips. He was featured in such magazines as Eerie, Creepy, and Weird Tales among others. His paintings and drawings were used as illustrations for many well known books and publications such as Battlestar Gallactica, Conan the Barbarian, Tarzan, Bran Mak Mor, and others.
His fantasy depictions of HOT females will be sorely missed!

Swords in Salute. A master has passed.
  • PeAcH
  • 05-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Always a sad day when an artist of this caliber passes away. =(
May the horns sound loud and long for a fallen hero. Damn, that man's art was seminal in my teenage fantasy evolution. I wanted to look like the bodaciously-boobed wanton wenches and wear just as little, and be taken off by many manly swords who would shear off what little I had on when they had me to themselves and at the mercy of their evil carnal desires.

Funny how dreams come true, sometimes.
Definitely an icon in the art community -- at least to me he is. Did you know the guy lost the full use of his right hand, so he learned to paint with his left? I can barely write my name with my left hand, let alone paint something that doesn't look like it belongs on the soccer mom's fridge door.

I've actually been wanting to get a series of tattoos with some of his art mixed with Brom's. Maybe now I'll ask the tattoo artist to include the years of his birth and passing. Sadness.
Damn! I can't believe that this didn't make my Yahoo news scan.
Frazetta was/is the master!