Giving provider's numbers to other providers as references....

DON'T DO IT!!!!

I've had two ladies contact me through text this week alone because two separate guys have given my number to contact me for a reference.
I have no problem giving references if I've seen you, but the lady needs to contact me through PM, unless I have personally given her my number. How do I know who it is texting me? How do I know it's really another provider or an SO?
I have a private hobby number for a reason and I should be the only one to give it out. My number is not posted on here and should not be given out. If my number was public or posted on reviews or showcase, that would be different. But my number is PRIVATE. Please show some respect and don't give it out.
I completely agree with you. You do not give out the provider number if it's not on the internet. And i don't know why providers would use it. It could be anyone texting back, yes he's safe to see. She has no proof it's you.
God bless... Thanks Tammie... When In doubt, ask the provider who you are using as a ref her preferred means of contact... safest bet is PM...
I have a second number, so I don't care. But guys used to give out my personal number for references all the time. It drove me nuts. It's just not cool to do, especially if the lady doesn't list it.
I agree, never give out a provider's number for a reference. Even if someone gives me a phone number, I send them a pm instead because I usually can't verify that's their number. Tammie explained it well.
Yes i agree with Tammie. Thats why my # is private. And i tell gentleman when using me as a reference please give the provider my email or to pm me on here .
My number is VERY private. Just for future reference do not give my number out to anyone. If I privately provide it to you to use in order to schedule, that means it's private just like the number you use to contact me is private.

If you need a reference please have the lady pm me.

I think unless a girl openly post her number on her ads, it should never be given out. It's just common sense really.
Common sense seems to fly out the window when ya horny. Lol
Common sense seems to fly out the window when ya horny. Lol Originally Posted by The Infamous One
I have done this without thinking about it, and I'll bet many Hobbyists have.
From Provider's perspective I can see the error of my ways, so I won't do it any more.
You are not only Infamous, but totally correct.

Tammie, thanks for explaining the issue so well.
I have had a few guys in the past give me another ladies number when they shouldn't have ..The first time I called not knowing she was nice enough about it.. since then when someone gives me another ladies number to check his ref I always look up her info myself to make sure the info given is public...Also this method cuts out the guys who use a ladies name but gives his number as her contact so to be shady and give himself an ok(Has been known to happen) but that's a different topic..
I agree. Guys just ask me. If I know the lady I didn't mind if you skate but just ask me first.

Ladies, if you have been given the clear to text. Identify yourself first. I do not save numbers unless I am told or have been given permission to do so. So you still could just be anyone.
It's for everyone's safety not to give out numbers without permission unless they are posted in the lady's profile or showcase.

I've even had ladies contact me through email and ask for references, but that is something else that can be faked.
Common sense seems to fly out the window when ya horny. Lol Originally Posted by The Infamous One
1+

Another thing to add to the topic is that 90% of the ladies want some sort of reference from another provider and I don't mean just one, but 2 or 3. A lot of ladies they don't want to be bothered by other providers, I understand that, giving reference for one guy is not a big deal, but I can imagine that giving reference for 5, 6 or more guys every other day gets old, really, really fast... Unfortunately this is getting a vicious cycle!

So the question that I have for the ladies is how do you feel about meeting your date in a public place like a bar or a coffee shop and inspecting his DL and work ID there? "Meet and greets" in my opinion are the way to go. Any opinions?
Slit that bitch's throat. Slit that bitch's throat. Slit that bitch's throat. Slit that bitch's throat. Slit that bitch's throat. Slit that bitch's throat. Slit that bitch's throat..
There are days that I may get 3 or 4 reference requests for just one guy.

I honestly don't mind answering those requests if they are through PM. The hobby is about variety and having fun.

I will agree that it gets old at times, especially if it's been months or longer since I've seen or heard from the guy.