Stretching the legal imagination again

Ok, we have seen enough Bait and Switch ads on BP plus our local Irish Lass Fancy was putting up alerts about them and linked the B&S ads to the alerts.

Which brings up a question.. if the B&S Ad is using stolen photos, how can the girls have a legal leg to stand on to complain about the alerts when the photos are NOT them?

I mean if you wanted to really be mean to them you post their ad, then TinEye the photos and post the other links where the photos appear and point out that its different ads, different phone #'s etc.. in other words you show the world that this ad is not legit.

the owners of BP should be HAPPY that someone is taking the time to try to raise the quality of their site.. I mean if the ads were on the up and up.. then there would be less BS..

But I cannot figure out how the girls who stole photos to make fake ads have a leg to stand on and complain when they got caught.... it boggles my mind.
  • Trey
  • 04-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Legality has nothing to do with fake ads on BP. You could go for the moral angel on it but that's another load of shit. Best you can do is leave when you see it is fake.
Why I will not use BP. And, I do appreciate Fancy's detective work.
Why I will not use BP. And, I do appreciate Fancy's detective work. Originally Posted by GentlemanTexan
You do not use back page at all?
They are allowed to put prices on their ads their and update them when ever they want.
So I was just curious do you go on their to look then check if they are on here or p411? Or you never go there period?
Legal??? Huh?
I think he said "legal imagination".
the owners of BP should be HAPPY that someone is taking the time to try to raise the quality of their site.. I mean if the ads were on the up and up.. then there would be less BS.. Originally Posted by Spirit13
http://www.voicemediagroup.com/ aka backpage.com doesn't give a rats ass about the quality of what's in the ads. They only care about the revenue from all the postings.