Waxing

Although I shave below, have been considering waxing, if I can find someone to do it.

Ladies: How do you rate your experiences with the bikini or Brazilian wax vs. shaving?

Guys: Have any of you had a wax job on the boys and surrounding areas? Anybody do it regularly?
Any recommended wax salons where this can be done? You can PM me.
I tried to wax a little part of my leg one day.....I cried. This is coming from a girl who has her nipples pierced and a tattoo. I can deal with that pain, but there is no way in hell I'd ever get anything waxed on my body, especially down there!

That is just my opinion though, I know a lot of ladies do it and swear by it!
I use to tweezer mine, but hated how long that took so I now shave....I have also considered finding a salon to wax me. I have tried the brazillian wax at home...tried it twice....and it was not good! But I'm going to give the salon waxing a try.
If you go to one of the European Wax Center locations, they are quick, easy, and it doesn't really hurt. I expected it to, but it was ok. They use pure, black wax, and the place is clean. Most cities have a location, search online. Their first service is half off, and normally a brazilian w/o a discount is only 39.
I will jump in on the guys side.....I too shave below, I just like the feel of bare on bare with the ladies, and no, I really have not considered waxing that part of me.....

I honestly don't know; can you wax the scrotum? or is shaving the chicken way out?

I will always shave prior to a meeting very very closely so as not to leave any chance of stubble.
A long time ago I tried a self wax. I didn't even finish...it was w-a-a-a-y too painful. I shaved after that, but now I'm natural.
I've known one lady who waxed. Very smooth kitty. She said it lasted longer, kept her smoother and wasn't that painful. It was a lot smoother than even fresh shaved. She also told me, that less hair grew back each time. I guess like plucking eyebrows, eventually, it will never grow back.
I get waxed (brazilian & underarms) regularly. The first time it hurt pretty bad. In order to get waxed you have to let the hair grow for a month or so. So there is a lot of it and it is coarse and thick.
As you wax regularly, the hair gets thinner and finer. So, it hurts a lot less. When I first started I had to wax every 6 weeks for a few months. Then about every two months for a few times. And now it is so fine and thin and sparce that I only wax about every 3 months!
I love it!

I would NOT recomend trying it yourself at home! I tried it once... put the warm wax on, let it get hard, then didn't have the guts to rip it off! Well, other than rip it off the only other way to get it off is by remelting the wax. Well, since I an not going to put anything hot enough to melt wax ummm.... THAT close to sensitive areas, I had to think of something else. So, I ran the hottest bath water I could stand and started trying to soak it off. BIG mistake! The wax melted only a bit. Just enough to reach the bottom of the tub! The water started to cool and I was going to run hot water again. I start to sit up... I'm stuck... to the bath! I could barely move without feeling like I was ripping my labia off! I had to reach for my phone and I called the nurse hot line. Anyway... fire department shows up and it takes 20 of melting tiny bits at a time to unstick me! Worst experience ever! So... don't ever do it yourself, especially with hard body wax!

But yeah, salon waxing is awesome!
I would NOT recomend trying it yourself at home! I tried it once... put the warm wax on, let it get hard, then didn't have the guts to rip it off! Well, other than rip it off the only other way to get it off is by remelting the wax. Well, since I an not going to put anything hot enough to melt wax ummm.... THAT close to sensitive areas, I had to think of something else. So, I ran the hottest bath water I could stand and started trying to soak it off. BIG mistake! The wax melted only a bit. Just enough to reach the bottom of the tub! The water started to cool and I was going to run hot water again. I start to sit up... I'm stuck... to the bath! I could barely move without feeling like I was ripping my labia off! I had to reach for my phone and I called the nurse hot line. Anyway... fire department shows up and it takes 20 of melting tiny bits at a time to unstick me! Worst experience ever! So... don't ever do it yourself, especially with hard body wax!

But yeah, salon waxing is awesome! Originally Posted by kelseysatx
LOL
Kelsey, I'd see you just for telling this story. Most of us would be too embarrassed to tell it in such a public arena. TFF.
Anyway... fire department shows up and it takes 20 of melting tiny bits at a time to unstick me! Worst experience ever! So... don't ever do it yourself, especially with hard body wax! Originally Posted by kelseysatx

Wow-wee...great story!

Mine isn't that juicey...I had to call in my SO and Brother-in law with scizzors to cut through most of mine...there was some left behind, but a hot shower with a lofa did the trick.
It's not the fact that I had 'chickened out'...I was clenching my teeth going to town on it until I came to the patch above my hood that grows in all kinds of wild directions. I pulled, and jerked, and tried about 3-4 times to yank that sucker off, but it just wouldn't come off! I would add more wax, and try again! It just got to be too much, so I yelled out for help. I was sitting on the bathroom floor in tears...'get your bother, and the scizzors...I need help...'

The second attempt, I had hubby doing it for me, and we ran into the same problem in the same area. I threw that shit away after that!

I feel your pain girl, but strangers comeing in to save you...in such of an intimate way....That is just too much!
During summers in college I regularly shaved the boys. The last time I did was when I got my vasectomy. I wouldn't do it anymore.
Thanks to those who voted in the poll and a special thanks to those who posted their experiences.

But I take my hat off to Kelsy and Tiffany for sharing their stories of "True Grit".

European Wax Center locations, they are quick, easy, and it doesn't really hurt....the place is clean. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
HTML Code:
http://www.waxcenter.com/locations.php
They are excellent when you get the right technician. Houston has 5 locations with 1 more opening. But they only perform Brazilians and bikini's on the fairer sex.

She said it lasted longer, kept her smoother and wasn't that painful. It was a lot smoother than even fresh shaved. She also told me, that less hair grew back each time. I guess like plucking eyebrows, eventually, it will never grow back. Originally Posted by am-a-pleaser
&
I get waxed (brazilian & underarms) regularly. The first time it hurt pretty bad. In order to get waxed you have to let the hair grow for a month or so. So there is a lot of it and it is coarse and thick.
As you wax regularly, the hair gets thinner and finer. So, it hurts a lot less. When I first started I had to wax every 6 weeks for a few months. Then about every two months for a few times. And now it is so fine and thin and sparce that I only wax about every 3 months!
I love it!.... salon waxing is awesome! Originally Posted by kelseysatx
True, I've had several treatments and less does grow back and it does get thinner and smooth "as a polished billiard ball" for a much longer time. I love it, too.

KUDOs to Kelsey & Tiffany
I would NOT recomend trying it yourself at home! I tried it once... put the warm wax on, let it get hard, then didn't have the guts to rip it off! ....Well, since I an not going to put anything hot enough to melt wax ummm.... THAT close to sensitive areas.... I ran the hottest bath water I could stand and started trying to soak it off....The water started to cool and... I start to sit up... I'm stuck... to the bath! I could barely move without feeling like I was ripping my labia off! I had to reach for my phone and I called the nurse hot line. Anyway... fire department shows up and it takes 20 of melting tiny bits at a time to unstick me! Worst experience ever! Originally Posted by kelseysatx
Another vote not to wax at home.
... I had to call in my SO and Brother-in law with scizzors to cut through most of mine....
...I was clenching my teeth going to town on it until I came to the patch above my hood that grows in all kinds of wild directions. I pulled, and jerked, and tried about 3-4 times to yank that sucker off, but it just wouldn't come off! I would add more wax, and try again! It just got to be too much, so I yelled out for help. I was sitting on the bathroom floor in tears...'get your bother, and the scizzors...I need help...'

The second attempt, I had hubby doing it for me, and we ran into the same problem in the same area. I threw that shit away after that!.... Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
LOL
Kelsey, I'd see you just for telling this story. Most of us would be too embarrassed to tell it in such a public arena. TFF. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
DITTO

But yeah, salon waxing is awesome! Originally Posted by kelseysatx
How can you not love a lady who would tell that story!!!

H